Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    So I'm a first year at BCU currently living in student halls. I always thought I would just do it for my first year so I can get the student experience. My home with parents is only a 35 min train journey away and I make it every weekend because I have a job back home that I need to be able to live in halls - my student loan only just covers my rent. My boyfriend goes to the same uni as me so he stops over occasionally and always visits me which is nice.

    Before the Christmas holidays I couldn't wait to get back home and just be with my parents and be closer to my boyfriend. I was certain I was definitely still wanting to move back in my 2nd year as it would save a lot of money and I was planning on learning to drive. However now I'm having doubts that I might regret no longer living closer to the Uni and in halls - all my friends already commute and my flat mates (only really have two that I talk to regularly) are unsure of what they are doing so it would be likely that I would live with new people which wouldn't really bother me - but then I worry I might not get along with them.

    any advice? I'm unsure because if I did decide to stay I would still have to go home every weekend for my job - getting a new one isn't an option because it's very related to my future career prospects and a transfer opportunity rarely comes up.
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Downing Students

Universal Student Living

“Over 25 years of perfecting the student accommodation experience. Downing Students. Accommodation Made for you”

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.


Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.