Please, I really need help! Watch

GodalmingStudier
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
"How far was fear of the spread of Communism responsible for the USA’s increasing involvement in the affairs of south-east Asia in the years 1950–64?

My main worry is I'm not even sure what the question means. Please explain this.
04MR17
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This question is about factors that led to the USAs involvement (involvement is a very subtle way to put it) in Vietnam, Korea, Cambodia etc. between 1950 and 1964. The question ask to what extend do think that fear of communism was was the US 'went in'. I don't know much about the topic, did South-East Asia have any natural resources like oil? (That's why the US have been in Iraq recently). Was there other reasons why the US invaded South-East Asia? Weigh it up and decide whether fear of communism was the main reason, just an excuse or somewhere in-between.
GodalmingStudier
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by 04mr17)
this question is about factors that led to the usas involvement (involvement is a very subtle way to put it) in vietnam, korea, cambodia etc. Between 1950 and 1964. The question ask to what extend do think that fear of communism was was the us 'went in'. I don't know much about the topic, did south-east asia have any natural resources like oil? (that's why the us have been in iraq recently). Was there other reasons why the us invaded south-east asia? Weigh it up and decide whether fear of communism was the main reason, just an excuse or somewhere in-between.
thankyou your a life saver
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19
  • Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.08%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.06%
How can I be the best version of myself? (162)
30.17%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed