Turn on thread page Beta

Best start to think about my future career choice now? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing my GCSE, but everyone been telling me to hurry up and set a goal for the future, I've got to apply for my sixth form this month or next month and honestly have no idea what I'm planning to do in the future? I was hoping to something in medicine like Paramedic or Nurse etc, but I dont even know if I can trust myself to save others lives, so where do I go from now??

ReputationRep:
    Relax.

It is a good idea to start thinking about your career choice if only because you don't want to choose a-level options that will limit what you can apply for at university. If you know generally what you want to do aka sciences, humanities etc, it should be ok - choose facilitating subjects if you haven't a clue what to do in the future.

For A-levels choose subjects you enjoy. Do some research into which careers/degrees etc you can do with these subjects. Basically get as much information as possible!

I'm in the same position as you (as in doing GCSEs) - I really enjoy humanities and science - I chose in the end: english, chemistry, biology and maths. Just chose the subjects I enjoy and know I'll do well at with motivation.
    Still have no clue what I want to do in the future - but chose sciences as I don't want to be not able to apply to a science course.

Not sure if any of this made sense...

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.