Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hey! I'm a Czech student and I go to an english school in Cyprus. I'm currently doing Art: Critical and Contextual studies and French at AS level, Russian and 1st language English at full A level all in 1 year.

I'll be studying Art history, preferably in UCD and figured I'll need like at least BBBB in my subjects.

I'll be applying through CAO one of these following days and I'm somewhat clueless as to how they select students as you can't put in predicted grades and all?????

Also is there no way I can study purely Art History, since UCD and TCD only offer it with other subjects? Or is it one of these types of courses where I can drop the other subjects after 1st year or the last year idk :/

Hi, there is an excellent sticky on the International Study page which deals with applications to Irish universities. They are very different to UCAS because except for certain courses like medicine, music or drama there is no selection process or interviews required - if you can achieve the CAO points required then you will be accepted onto your chosen course.

My first advice is that you read all the guidelines at www.cao.ie for applications.

The second is - choose the course that you wish to do in order of preference. If you put your preferred choice down the list because you think that you might not get the points, and then you actually do achieve the points you will lose out as there is no upgrade or advancement applied.

I don't know anything about the history of art courses, I would suggest that you email the universities with your questions.

Good luck!
How are you feeling about your exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.