Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Afternoon all,
    Just a quick question in regards to field work. We are supposed to be going to slapton ley for a couple of days to do some filed work for AS edexcel board. In any way i am supposed to be doing something during that time which is fairly important and i was wondering if the field work was compulsory or how important you would say it is.
    Many thanks luke

ReputationRep:
    I didn't do Geo at AS so my advice may not be the best.

What about something about the river? (What I did at GCSE), the plants, tourism etc.

It probably isn't the end of the world if you don't take it seriously. However, it may hinder you when you are doing your write up. So, do everything you are supposed to, be organised and you should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LukeEsson)
    Afternoon all,
    Just a quick question in regards to field work. We are supposed to be going to slapton ley for a couple of days to do some filed work for AS edexcel board. In any way i am supposed to be doing something during that time which is fairly important and i was wondering if the field work was compulsory or how important you would say it is.
    Many thanks luke
    Hey there, no the fieldwork isn't vital at all really! My teacher said it was and I went on the fieldtrip (studying rebranding in Manchester) and to be honest it was all in the textbook and revision guide anyway! It's more about the investigative techniques and your findings to be honest and you can make both of those up

It was a laugh but by no means necessary! I got an A in the unit 2 exam and I barely spoke about my fieldwork in it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 18, 2015
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.