LukeEsson
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Afternoon all,
Just a quick question in regards to field work. We are supposed to be going to slapton ley for a couple of days to do some filed work for AS edexcel board. In any way i am supposed to be doing something during that time which is fairly important and i was wondering if the field work was compulsory or how important you would say it is.
Many thanks luke
username877577
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I didn't do Geo at AS so my advice may not be the best.

What about something about the river? (What I did at GCSE), the plants, tourism etc.

It probably isn't the end of the world if you don't take it seriously. However, it may hinder you when you are doing your write up. So, do everything you are supposed to, be organised and you should be fine.
DaveUncle
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by LukeEsson)
Afternoon all,
Just a quick question in regards to field work. We are supposed to be going to slapton ley for a couple of days to do some filed work for AS edexcel board. In any way i am supposed to be doing something during that time which is fairly important and i was wondering if the field work was compulsory or how important you would say it is.
Many thanks luke
Hey there, no the fieldwork isn't vital at all really! My teacher said it was and I went on the fieldtrip (studying rebranding in Manchester) and to be honest it was all in the textbook and revision guide anyway! It's more about the investigative techniques and your findings to be honest and you can make both of those up

It was a laugh but by no means necessary! I got an A in the unit 2 exam and I barely spoke about my fieldwork in it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (120)
64.86%
No I haven't decided yet (39)
21.08%
Yes but I might change my mind (26)
14.05%

Watched Threads