Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls how do you cope around good looking guys? watch

ReputationRep:
    In my industry, it seems the only way to get far is to be able to network. Unfortunately most of the people at the top tend to be men, some who happen to be extremely hot. I want to be able to network and foster professional relationships, without getting all hot and flustered.

I realise I need to change my mindset. I'm just thinking about a recent network that I've made, and he's really hot. I don't fancy him as such, because there's more to a person than just looks, but I think connecting with this dude will be good for my career. I just want to play it well by making that link and keeping it professional. I usually have no problem with this when I'm dealing with not so good looking men, infact, I have made a few guy friends at work over the past few years. It's when they are good looking that I struggle, I guess there's some sort of defense mechanism that makes me play it safe.

ReputationRep:
    What is your industry and how can you put your skills to the test?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    What is your industry and how can you put your skills to the test?
    Consultancy.

I don't know about the second question, which I guess is why I need other people's insight. I can make networks but maintaining them might be tricky.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, the only thing I know about consultancy is that you're talking to lots of people every day, usually strangers that you'll only talk to once

ReputationRep:
    What do you consult people on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott.M)
    What do you consult people on?

Provide management consultancy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Hmm, the only thing I know about consultancy is that you're talking to lots of people every day, usually strangers that you'll only talk to once
    And in the industry you need to make the right networks and build relationships to get far in your career, that goes for both client relationships and also the people you work with or work for.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.