Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is anyone else utterly disguscted by the people who run the UK? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm not surprised the Scots voted 45% in favour of leaving. I don't know if it will be a wake up call, or lead to any real reform, we will see what happens on devolution. But it seems the problems are so deep rooted now.
    Lack of social mobility, despite what Blair said there is now a bigger public school stranglehold on the country(not to mention the small percentage of public schools at the top of that system from which people enter the most powerful professions). The NHS is being wrecked. The trains aren't much good and the comprehensive schools are dire. The abolition of grammar schools meant even less mobility. Crime is worse, and social disorder, alcohol abuse etc. We have gated communities, and food banks, and starvation, in an echo of the USA. We have detention without trial, look at David Miranda's also case. It was appalling. We have curbs of freedom of protest and expression. The civil contingencies act(admonished by former MI5 Annie Machon and described by Peter Hitchens as 'terrifying')
    gives government the power to sequester peoples homes. We have local council spies, a creepy surveillance state, even the NSA don't go as far as GCHQ and Europe is shocked by their practice(A European liberties group is sueing them) The powers GCHQ have taken each time a terror threat is ramped up is unprecedented and horrifying. I don't know if anyone has personal experience of governemnt snooping but I do and it is very creepy the direction this country is heading in. People will only be concerned when it hits them directly.

Establishment would seem to protect/reward crooks and paedophiles, and good people suffer all the time due to their valueless philosophy, (crime, peoples victimisation in their own homes with no police support, bullying and surveillance of anyone claiming a benefit for example)and their policies which are wrecking this country. Endless surveillance and yet police don't use it when something is stolen from you, bizarrely. Stupid bureaucracy.
    Innocent people have been up fro extradition and some have gone to the USA whilst being spinelessly abandoned by our politicians. Selling us out to America constantly, declaring that we will never take military action independently from them(Phillip Hammond)-despite that people still seem to live in a cloud cuckoo land of Britannia ruling the waves and only ever see Europe as the great satan rather than the US. A profoundly conservative young generation who seem to think nothing is wrong and have fully bought into the Tory party and media consensus as the orthodoxy and root of all wisdom. now is the time when we most need them to care about more human values and realize what needs to change, the more politically conscious Scots made the effort to get change happening, but there's no sign of the deeply Conservative English mind changing. It's a kind of self-satisfaction, a sedation that is oddly English.

I used to flirt with emigration and not mean it, now if I had the chance I really would.

ReputationRep:
    And yes, apologies for the typo in the title. 'Disgusted'.

ReputationRep:
    I like the majority are rather happy.

I have access to free universal healthcare, education, etc etc etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MatureStudent36)
    I like the majority are rather happy.

I have access to free universal healthcare, education, etc etc etc.
    Wait until the surveillance state, effects of badly run multi-culturalist policies, economic inequality etc take hold. Not to mention the repercussions of our stupid wars.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaucissonSecCy)
    I'm not surprised the Scots voted 45% in favour of leaving. I don't know if it will be a wake up call, or lead to any real reform, we will see what happens on devolution. But it seems the problems are so deep rooted now.
    Lack of social mobility, despite what Blair said there is now a bigger public school stranglehold on the country(not to mention the small percentage of public schools at the top of that system from which people enter the most powerful professions). The NHS is being wrecked. The trains aren't much good and the comprehensive schools are dire. The abolition of grammar schools meant even less mobility. Crime is worse, and social disorder, alcohol abuse etc. We have gated communities, and food banks, and starvation, in an echo of the USA. We have detention without trial, look at David Miranda's also case. It was appalling. We have curbs of freedom of protest and expression. The civil contingencies act(admonished by former MI5 Annie Machon and described by Peter Hitchens as 'terrifying')
    gives government the power to sequester peoples homes. We have local council spies, a creepy surveillance state, even the NSA don't go as far as GCHQ and Europe is shocked by their practice(A European liberties group is sueing them) The powers GCHQ have taken each time a terror threat is ramped up is unprecedented and horrifying. I don't know if anyone has personal experience of governemnt snooping but I do and it is very creepy the direction this country is heading in. People will only be concerned when it hits them directly.

Establishment would seem to protect/reward crooks and paedophiles, and good people suffer all the time due to their valueless philosophy, (crime, peoples victimisation in their own homes with no police support, bullying and surveillance of anyone claiming a benefit for example)and their policies which are wrecking this country. Endless surveillance and yet police don't use it when something is stolen from you, bizarrely. Stupid bureaucracy.
    Innocent people have been up fro extradition and some have gone to the USA whilst being spinelessly abandoned by our politicians. Selling us out to America constantly, declaring that we will never take military action independently from them(Phillip Hammond)-despite that people still seem to live in a cloud cuckoo land of Britannia ruling the waves and only ever see Europe as the great satan rather than the US. A profoundly conservative young generation who seem to think nothing is wrong and have fully bought into the Tory party and media consensus as the orthodoxy and root of all wisdom. now is the time when we most need them to care about more human values and realize what needs to change, the more politically conscious Scots made the effort to get change happening, but there's no sign of the deeply Conservative English mind changing. It's a kind of self-satisfaction, a sedation that is oddly English.

I used to flirt with emigration and not mean it, now if I had the chance I really would.
    Yes and you still seem to have missed how bad it is with benefit reforms leading to lots of deaths.This government is killing its people and getting away with it by labeling this as benefits reforms(only an idiot wouldn't realise this would kill lots of people as people need money to survive they know this but want to kill off the most vulnerable as it cuts the deficit and these people don't help the economy thus it is really murder not manslaughter and yet noone has been arrested) and claiming that people are scrounging off the system.1 million people have been sanctioned off their benefits and left into absolute poverty.

I can only see the problem getting worse and worse and Labour aren't that much better than the Tories because Labour introduced workfare schemes(where the unemployed have to do exactly how much work the Job Centre say(pretty much forced Labour) or they lose their JSA and thus their housing benefit and a lot of them would then get £0 a week making them poorer than africans getting less than 1 dollar a day.

I can imagine the government making it even harder and harder to get benefits and stay on them, with the use of league tables for benefits sanctions to encourage sanctions,to such a extent that virtually all the poor don't get them and thus starve to death,commit suicide and live much shorter lives.We could end up seeing millions of deaths with the elimination of the poor at the rate at which things are going now and even if you are working the government will stop your wages raising at the rate of inflation making you poorer and poorer as they and their rich business chums get richer and richer.

ReputationRep:
    Wait until the surveillance state, effects of badly run multi-culturalist policies, economic inequality etc take hold. Not to mention the repercussions of our stupid wars.
    You appear to have described everything the SNP manifesto there.

Life's good.

Which stupid wars are you talking about?

ReputationRep:
    Would you like directions to Calais or something?

ReputationRep:

Life's good.

I think he has the idea that the Middle Eastern countries which are barely capable of governing themselves will become organised enough to harm us.

We only have to worry about gas from Qatar though in that region.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    I think he has the idea that the Middle Eastern countries which are barely capable of governing themselves will become organised enough to harm us.

We only have to worry about gas from Qatar though in that region.
    Hah, what a joke. I have the idea that maybe we have created many generations of terrorists, I think 9/11 would suggest they can be incredibly organized and even commit such acts in the face of huge resources for surveillance (which are being used to destroy your freedoms-another thing the younger generation are totally oblivious to the importance of).
    But, whatever, I will watch you people's smugness and complacency come back to smack you in you brain dead faces and you and your offspring's lives are destroyed. Best wishes.

To the guy above, I don't need directions to Calais, grateful for your kind offer, but I think North America, Australasia and even India and the Caribbean(just wait if you think the UK is so much better) can provide me with better quality of life by a mile.

ReputationRep:

Life's good.

Lol, and they couldn't possibly have any more sense than David Cameron could they?:rolleyes:

As for life's good, well it's subjective. Stockholm syndrome is an example- the abducted get to accept and even like their captors via conditioning. If you've only known this and have been indoctrinated with how well this countries being run, and how good the future will be, then you may see it that way. Just heed my words for the future.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    Yes and you still seem to have missed how bad it is with benefit reforms leading to lots of deaths.This government is killing its people and getting away with it by labeling this as benefits reforms(only an idiot wouldn't realise this would kill lots of people as people need money to survive they know this but want to kill off the most vulnerable as it cuts the deficit and these people don't help the economy thus it is really murder not manslaughter and yet noone has been arrested) and claiming that people are scrounging off the system.1 million people have been sanctioned off their benefits and left into absolute poverty.

I can only see the problem getting worse and worse and Labour aren't that much better than the Tories because Labour introduced workfare schemes(where the unemployed have to do exactly how much work the Job Centre say(pretty much forced Labour) or they lose their JSA and thus their housing benefit and a lot of them would then get £0 a week making them poorer than africans getting less than 1 dollar a day.

I can imagine the government making it even harder and harder to get benefits and stay on them, with the use of league tables for benefits sanctions to encourage sanctions,to such a extent that virtually all the poor don't get them and thus starve to death,commit suicide and live much shorter lives.We could end up seeing millions of deaths with the elimination of the poor at the rate at which things are going now and even if you are working the government will stop your wages raising at the rate of inflation making you poorer and poorer as they and their rich business chums get richer and richer.
    The scale of the problems from all directions is so vast now, and it's so sinister and almost deliberate. There are very knowledgeable and thoughtful journalists, 'right wing'/conservative ones like Peter Hitchens, for example, far from the 'bleeding heart liberal' that many on here would probably reflexively claim I am, or I'm talking about, who can see what utter suicide is occurring. Perhaps because they have the courage not to live with the blinkers on in total denial and self-satisfaction. These young indoctrinated neo-liberals think they share a link with the social conservatives of the old school, who formed the backbone of the Tories(perhaps I would have not voted for them had I been there, but I can see objectively that doing things their way would have been vastly less destructive than the current 'philosophy', if it's worth that term, which is bought into by all three major parties), another symptom of their ignorance. They've only consumed mindless consensus.

ReputationRep:
    The scale of the problems from all directions is so vast now, and it's so sinister and almost deliberate. There are very knowledgeable and thoughtful journalists, 'right wing'/conservative ones like Peter Hitchens, for example, far from the 'bleeding heart liberal' that many on here would probably reflexively claim I am, or I'm talking about, who can see what utter suicide is occurring. Perhaps because they have the courage not to live with the blinkers on in total denial and self-satisfaction. These young indoctrinated neo-liberals think they share a link with the social conservatives of the old school, who formed the backbone of the Tories(perhaps I would have not voted for them had I been there, but I can see objectively that doing things their way would have been vastly less destructive than the current 'philosophy', if it's worth that term, which is bought into by all three major parties), another symptom of their ignorance. They've only consumed mindless consensus.
    Angry with life?

ReputationRep:
    Angry with life?
    I expected that. When faced with a post packed full of legitimate counter arguments, go back to default smear of 'bitterness'. There are the only two options available for people like you. Unquestioning, smug, patronising self-satisfaction, or bitterness. Nothing in between that might occur to a thinking person who is more than one-dimensional. You can't even attempt to address my points. Way to go for a 'mature' student.

Regarding your earlier posts- stupid wars-all those in the middle east. And free healthcare-good luck, they are decimating that. And where is the free education you speak of, besides in diabolical comprehensives?

ReputationRep:
    Not interested in facing substantive arguments then?

ReputationRep:
    Not interested in facing substantive arguments then?
    I'm disgusted with your spelling in the title.

ReputationRep:

To the guy above, I don't need directions to Calais, grateful for your kind offer, but I think North America, Australasia and even India and the Caribbean(just wait if you think the UK is so much better) can provide me with better quality of life by a mile.
    And yet you've described places with huge amounts of people leaving to find work elsewhere, people defecting in the streets and raging gun battles.

You've made a huge mistake of thinking the grass is always greener on the other side.

You're unhappy with your life for whatever reason.

ReputationRep:
    Have you gone yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    Have you gone yet?
    I don't think though. Their immigration policies preclude his entry other than on a visitors visa.

ReputationRep:
    if you don't get a grip on reality OP you are going to be one sad individual!

ReputationRep:
    yes but the people keep voting them in

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.