Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi, I have an interview for children's nursing tomorrow at Salford and I was wondering if anyone could give me any tips on what the maths and English test are like and what sort of questions you get asked in the individual interview also does anyone know if I will have a group interview I've heard they did for adult nursing but not sure for child. thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I had an interview last week for child nursing at Manchester uni, so I dunno how relevant this will be but its worth a try! My English test only lasted 20 minutes and there were two questions asked; one was about the qualities that a nurse needs and how you have those qualities yourself, and the other question asked you to discuss something you had read recently in preparation for the interview and what had surprised you or interested you about it. The maths test lasted a little bit longer but was no more complicated that C/C grade GCSE maths - it was called a 'SNAP' test and you could use a calculator.

I also had a group interview, and there were six of us in the room. We were sat in a certain order 1-6 and were asked 4 questions altogether. The first question was asked to person number one, then went round the group until person number six IN ORDER and the second question was asked to person number six and then went round to person number one.

The final two questions were addressed to us all and we all took turns answering it. I was in a group with a variety of girls, some seemingly more nervous than others but we all got a chance to speak and expand upon each others' answers so it was much better than I thought it would be.

The questions were asked on the most important qualities when nursing children and another was asking what the most challenging things you would face as part of the job. They also gave us one scenario to discuss how we would deal with it ie. "You are working in a clinic and a three year old child comes in for a blood test with their mother. The child is very distressed, how would would continue and deal with this?"

I hope this has been some-what helpful! Good Luck :-)

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.