Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey All,

Is anybody here doing BUSS4 this June? The research theme is Manufacturing in the UK. How is everybody going about this?

JP x

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely getting no where. I haven't really decided on the companies I wanted to research due to my teacher getting made redundant!
    What companies have you gone for? I was doing GlaxoSmithKline but I don't seem to get the answers i'm looking for with them. I might choose Jaguar LandRover but i'm not sure.

ReputationRep:
    Ive only just started the research project due to my tutor not being very pro-active to say the least, I have a load of resources but no actual guidance of where to go abouts my research or what/how much I should be researching! If anyone could help I could return the favour as I have around 30 documents which I have no idea what to extract/use!

Thank youuu

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katyk123)
    Ive only just started the research project due to my tutor not being very pro-active to say the least, I have a load of resources but no actual guidance of where to go abouts my research or what/how much I should be researching! If anyone could help I could return the favour as I have around 30 documents which I have no idea what to extract/use!

Thank youuu
    Hey! I'm having the same problem too. Which companies have you chosen to research on?
    Hopefully we're doing the same one so we can help each other

ReputationRep:
    I haven't actually chosen any companies yet, but that is one thing I am really stuck on!
    We have just been given two areas; automotive and fashion manufacturing and are working through the points given, I have a load of specific activity worksheets and power points which our college buys from a specific company and I can message a few to show if needed!
    I also have loads of power points and videos on manufacturing but I just don't know what research I am extracting and what companies to do so I am a bit stuffed really!!

Anyone going to the BUSS4 tutor2u workshop? Just booked my place on the mid march one in Leeds apparently its really helpful!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, my college starts BUSS4 early so ive already done a decent amount. My businesses are GlaxoSmithKline, AstraZeneca, BAT, Diageo, ExxonMobil, GKN, BAE systems and Rolls Royce plc.

You need like general trends over the last couple years in profit, revenue etc for all of them, recent strategies and their success, and plans for the future. That sort of thing anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katyk123)
    I haven't actually chosen any companies yet, but that is one thing I am really stuck on!
    We have just been given two areas; automotive and fashion manufacturing and are working through the points given, I have a load of specific activity worksheets and power points which our college buys from a specific company and I can message a few to show if needed!
    I also have loads of power points and videos on manufacturing but I just don't know what research I am extracting and what companies to do so I am a bit stuffed really!!

Anyone going to the BUSS4 tutor2u workshop? Just booked my place on the mid march one in Leeds apparently its really helpful!
    Hey,

I am in the same position as you. I have a new teacher, she is new to the AQA A level spec and I'm getting worried. I am attending a Tutor2U workshop in April in London.

What company did your school buy those resources from?

JP x

ReputationRep:
    Is this a good time to mention I don't even know what companies we have to research? I know it's about manufacturing in the uk...but...my teacher...is umm....not the best let's say

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IfOnlyItWereEasy)
    Is this a good time to mention I don't even know what companies we have to research? I know it's about manufacturing in the uk...but...my teacher...is umm....not the best let's say
    Im soo lost, im sitting buss3 and buss4 privately as well! What's this research everyone's going on about? Someoneeee help!??

ReputationRep:
    Hi people, I am currently doing the BUSS4 research theme and our teacher has made us fill in tables with research, which she gave us the links for. This has given us loads of different businesses to use, as small examples and with this apporach I have been getting A's and B's in my essays. I am uploading these sheets to get revising, so you can go to the links below and download these. These sheets have been getting me an my class very good grades, so I would defo reccommend downloading them if you would like to use them, they are on the the two links below. I hope this helps you guys with what research and businesses are needed for the exam in June. I will be uploading 3 more of these for the 5 different bullet points in the research theme so make sure you keep a look out. They will be up on get revising by the end of April

http://getrevising.co.uk/resources/b...he_uk_research

This is for the AQA Specification Only btw!!

Good Luck guys, just a friendly gal, hoping to help you all out, because I know my friends at another school have been finding the BUSS4 exam research quite hard.

Have fun x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmashaw200)
    Hi people, I am currently doing the BUSS4 research theme and our teacher has made us fill in tables with research, which she gave us the links for. This has given us loads of different businesses to use, as small examples and with this apporach I have been getting A's and B's in my essays. I am uploading these sheets to get revising, so you can go to the links below and download these. These sheets have been getting me an my class very good grades, so I would defo reccommend downloading them if you would like to use them, they are on the the two links below. I hope this helps you guys with what research and businesses are needed for the exam in June. I will be uploading 3 more of these for the 5 different bullet points in the research theme so make sure you keep a look out. They will be up on get revising by the end of April

Good Luck guys, just a friendly gal, hoping to help you all out, because I know my friends at another school have been finding the BUSS4 exam research quite hard.

Have fun x
    Thank you so much, I feel this is a great way to explicitly set out what each bullet point should contain with research. x

ReputationRep:

Have fun x
    Is there any way to access the whole document? I can only read half of it, otherwise you have to pay

ReputationRep:

Have fun x
    Hi there is it possible for you to email me these files? I can't access them on GetRevising.

It would be greatly appreciated

ReputationRep:

Have fun x
    Hello!

Could you email these notes also to me due to the already mentioned reasons of limited access, please? I seem really stuck with manufacturing!! Thanks in absence and good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How is everyone getting on with BUSS4? Check out my blog for some questions that I have answered: https://jamespavey.wordpress.com/

ReputationRep:
    I can help with the research.

ReputationRep:
    How do we set out an answer on the exam? I've literally been taught nothing...apart from the fact the question is on manufacturing in the UK. Help! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    What negative impact can be given for this bullet point...

"The impact of increasing globalisation on businesses manufacturing in the UK"

Is there any businesses that I can relate to this?

ReputationRep:
    Just a heads up that theres another thread on this same subject http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2962321

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.