Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've got an interview for primary teaching soon and it says I have to bring an object and explain how it would support a group of children. I'm trying to think of something that I can talk about but I'm not sure? Help!

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I had an interview like this last month. I was doing early years so brought in a small teddy and planned a speaking and listening activity. Other people brought in puppets, buttons, flash cards, reward charts, globes and posters they'd made. I don't think they are too bothered about the object, but more about how you can relate to the national curriculum and your confidence when presenting it. Maybe if you're currently volunteering in a school you can ask for some ideas, maybe borrow a prop!

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeanneF94)
    Hello, I had an interview like this last month. I was doing early years so brought in a small teddy and planned a speaking and listening activity. Other people brought in puppets, buttons, flash cards, reward charts, globes and posters they'd made. I don't think they are too bothered about the object, but more about how you can relate to the national curriculum and your confidence when presenting it. Maybe if you're currently volunteering in a school you can ask for some ideas, maybe borrow a prop!

Good luck!
    Omg thank you! I've thought about puppets but that was it. You've helped me a lot thank you! Hope it went well for you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.