Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

length of the student loans company fund you watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    doing part time second year degree wanted to change to other university and do full time course. is the student finance still fund my course? and for how long it will fund it?

ReputationRep:
    If you drop out during or immediately after your first year, you would still have enough Student Finance entitlement to fund a new degree from scratch.

Unfortunately if you leave during your second year, you wouldn't get the first year of your next degree funded apart from a minimal Maintenance Loan (you would have to fund your own tuition fees and most of your living costs). Full SF would kick back in for the remainder of that degree.

The calculation is:

Number of years of your new degree course (minus) Number of years of previous uni-level study (plus) One year = Remaining years of full SF entitlement

For the purposes of this calculation, SF take partial years as complete. In your situation, if you leave in your second year and start a new three year degree, the calculation gives you 3-2+1=2 years of full SF funding, which you would get in the second and third years.

ReputationRep:
    bear in mind, I am part time student so I am doing Mixture of 1 module from first year and 2 modules from second year ... doing %75 modules as part time. so is the same thing apply to me? hope this make sense.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm. That complicates things and you're probably better off phoning SF to ask.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.