McCartneyCorr
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi, I just finished writing this letter for work experience/voluntary work and was wondering if there is anything I've missed/aught to change etc. Thanks!

Dear Sir/Madam,
My name is _____ and I am a sixteen year old girl, currently studying for my GCSEs at ____ School. I am writing this letter to enquire as to whether I might be able to partake in some form of voluntary experience at your veterinary practice/farm/kennels at some point in the near future, as I wish to gain some insight into the world of animal care and veterinary.
I have always wanted to be a vet, and to that end in the last three years I have spent as much of my time out of school as I have been able volunteering at ______ Farm.
Until I turned sixteen in November, the farm had been the only form of animal voluntary work I had been able to find, as no other establishment I had contacted before then had been able to take in any volunteer under the age of sixteen. I did however complete a week of work experience at _____ Vets in ______ last June, which helped to confirm my ongoing passion for working with animals.
I believe myself to be hard working, intuitive and friendly, however most importantly passionate about animals, and I am eager to extend my vital experience through voluntary work in establishments such as yours. I am more than willing and would be hugely grateful to have the opportunity to partake in any form of voluntary work that you may have available for me to do, and am available regularly at weekends, during any school holidays and after school on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
I look forward to hearing from you and thank you for taking the time to read this letter.
Yours faithfully,
SilverstarDJ
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Dear Sir/Madam,
My name is _____ and I am a sixteen year old girl, currently studying for my GCSEs at ____ School. I am writing this letter to enquire as to whether I might be able to partake in some form of voluntary experience at your veterinary practice/farm/kennels at some point in the near future when? specify dates you are looking for, as I wish to gain some insight into the world of animal care and veterinary medicine.
I have always wanted to be a vet, and therefore in the last three years I have spent as much of my time out of school as I have been able volunteering at ______ Farm.
Until I turned sixteen in November, the farm had been the only form of animal voluntary work I had been able to find, as no other establishment I had contacted before then had been able to take in any volunteer under the age of sixteen. This sentence is not relevant I did however complete a week of work experience at _____ Vets in ______ last June, which helped to confirm my ongoing passion for working with animals.
I believe myself to be hard working, intuitive and friendly, however most importantly passionate about animals, and I am eager to extend my vital experience through voluntary work in establishments such as yours. I am more than willing and would be hugely grateful to have the opportunity to partake in any form of voluntary work that you may have available for me to do, and am available regularly at weekends, during any school holidays unless they have children of their own they won't know when your holidays are - tell them and after school on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays Be more specific, how many Tuesdays do you want to do? .
I look forward to hearing from you and thank you for taking the time to read this letter.
Yours faithfully,

It's fine, but you need to be more specific with telling them what dates you want to do so they can look at their calendar and see where you can fit in with them. You will get more from most placements by being there from the morning and doing full days although doing evening consults longer term wouldn't be a bad idea if they will let you do this.
mollyvet
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
That's all good - I agree with SilverStarDJ's edits. On a more specific note, are you sure you want to spend weekends, holidays AND after school days at any placements you do get? That's a lot of time taken away from schoolwork, revision and general relaxation (which you will need at some point, believe me!)
McCartneyCorr
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Thank you so much, this really helps
SilverstarDJ
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by McCartneyCorr)
Thank you so much, this really helps
Remember to follow up with a phone call or personal visit if you don't get a reply to your letters
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (139)
62.05%
I don't have everything I need (85)
37.95%

Watched Threads