The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Manchester Met Interview 2015 for Primary Education

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hanna07
omg had my interview today!!! I enjoyed the group discussion, but I think I rushed a little with my presentation :frown:(

Ah I wouldn't worry about it you sound a lot more confident than I did after mine, I'm sure you did fine! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Original post by fairyfairyfairy
Ah I wouldn't worry about it you sound a lot more confident than I did after mine, I'm sure you did fine! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

still haven't heard anything probably didn't get a place lol
Original post by hattie.ross
Hi guys!

So I've been invited to interview on 21st Jan to MMU for the Primary Education course. However, I am still awaiting the email including details of the day and wanted to prepare. I was just wondering if anyone would be able to provide me with this info if they too have been invited or have already been to an interview here this year whilst I await a reply? Not sure if we have to do a presentation or bring in an object etc?

Thank you very much, all help is much appreciated and good luck to all! :smile:

Hattie Ross

Hey Hattie I've been accepted and start in September for this course! Are you staying in halls? I'm so nervous to move from Liverpool but wanted to try and meet some people before going so if anyone wants too, please message me! Have you all passed your QTS tests yet?
Emma xx
Reply 103
I have my interview on April 21st as I applied through Extra on Monday, after declining all my offers for maths :') I'm really panicking for my interview though..
Original post by haras
I have my interview on April 21st as I applied through Extra on Monday, after declining all my offers for maths :') I'm really panicking for my interview though..

I had my interview on the 4th March and got an offer. They are so friendly and try make it comfortable and relaxing for you. I was soo nervous because it was my first interview, but there's nothing to worry about.
Reply 105
Original post by kdoherty13
I had my interview on the 4th March and got an offer. They are so friendly and try make it comfortable and relaxing for you. I was soo nervous because it was my first interview, but there's nothing to worry about.

well done! ahhh thank you, I hope it will be as good for me c;
Original post by haras
well done! ahhh thank you, I hope it will be as good for me c;

Thanks and no problem. Just stay calm and you will do fab. Do you know what it involves?
Hiiii, I have an interview on 8th April, only 3 days away! Any tips on the interview/anyone else got an interview on the same day?
Original post by ambercoombes
Hiiii, I have an interview on 8th April, only 3 days away! Any tips on the interview/anyone else got an interview on the same day?

Hi. Just stay calm and you'll do fine. During the group interview make sure you say what you think about the DVD. In the individual presentaions just ensure you have questions to ask the other people. Good luck!!
Hi Emma :smile: I'm starting on the course in September too. I'm from Liverpool as well, but I'll be commuting in. I can't wait to start!
I had my interview here today and loved it! I checked my emails not even 10 hours later and I had recieved an offer from them!
Original post by ambercoombes
I had my interview here today and loved it! I checked my emails not even 10 hours later and I had recieved an offer from them!

Well done! Were you at the Crewe Campus yesterday for your interview? I had mine in the morning (8th April) and was offered a place too! :-)
Well done to you too! Aw we must have been in the same interview then! Exciting times ahead ay!
Original post by avabella
They offered me an alternate course, which I don't really want.
I mean I have worked so hard for this and juggled with two children and working
and I don't want to take the other course really

Ive sent applications to two other universities so hoping to get an interview,
just a waiting game though

these other two unis are over an hour away to commute to on a train but still a nightmare as I have children xx

Hi,
just saw your post,
i was in a similar situation to you last year, went to interviews but didnt get offered a place. I have two children myself so Manchester is my best hope without too much travelling. lol. Had my interview last weekand finally got a conditional offer. Would it be worth you waiting another year for mmu?
I have an interview for Greenwich next week and they have asked me to bring; my passport, proof of educational grades (GCSEs A levels etc), a letter from my educational setting (work experience or volunteering) outlining the contributions and attitudes I have shown while completing this.

They have also asked me to prepare for a maths and english test as well as finding out recent issues involving Primary Education at the moment. This may be different to Manchester but this could help. Good Luck!
Reply 115
hi, just wondering if you have any tips for the interivew or any particularly hard questions they asked or type of questions they do ask?
not yet my interview is on Thursday so I haven't had it yet will do once I've had the interview
I have an interview on Wednesday and would appreciate any guidance anyone can offer me! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AriesGirl
I'm on the primary ed course at mmu so if you have any questions feel free to ask :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, Do you mind me asking what your timetable looks like for the first year?
Em
Original post by emmaandsella
Hi, Do you mind me asking what your timetable looks like for the first year?
Em

Yeah course. Pretty full on from what I remember. The timetable isn't a set timetable like other courses so you wont get specific days off every week it always varies. In uni at least 4/5 if not 5/5 days of the week but these wont all be full days some are only 2 hour sessions. Placement wise - I went on placement every Friday for the whole year and completed 3 three week block placements throughout the year too

Quick Reply

Latest