Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi so I'm going to be starting social work here in sept 2015 anyone else? Or any tips would be great to hear from other students or students to be
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have just finished my second year on the social work course and will be going into my last year. It is not like other university courses and requires a lot of your time and effort. You are on placement in year 2 for 70 days and 100 days in year 3. These are 35 hour weeks, alongside this you will have essays and huge portfolios to do and a dissertation. So be prepared for working 50 hour weeks during placement. However it is so rewarding and changes you as a person. You will do a lot of work on your emotional intelligence and resilience to prepare you for working with difficult situations. I have a wonderful group of people in my year and you will support each other through it.

I hope this is a little helpful of what to expect and the first year will make no sense until you go into placement in year 2, so hang on in there! Good luck and I am sure you will enjoy it

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Im going to be starting Social Work in September here too!

ReputationRep:
    Hey that's kool I'm so excited :-) I'm 23 and will be commuting from Bristol

ReputationRep:
    Oh cool! Im 19 so jsut did an extra year in college, moving away from south wales! so excited, nervous too though of course haha

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.