Is Rap/hip hop culture too misogynistic and violent ?

Watch
username1533709
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Was flicking through YouTube and I came across what I now realize is Nelly`s infamous Tip Drill music video. It made me think, along with the emergence o other violent rappers like Chief keefe , is rap and hip hop too misogynistic and violent these days ?Should they rapping more positive (at least relatively positive) videos that earlier rappers like Tupac did.I also would like to say not only black rappers, but all rappers in general (Eminem for his lyrics about Mariah Carey and French Montana for his sexual lyrics) of all colors and backgrounds.
cole-slaw
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It certainly appears to be from a cursory inspection, yes.
og.east
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
"too" violent for what? too violent for who?
Smile88egc
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Certainly too much of both for me, I avoid listening to it wherever possible. I actually like the rhythm and beats in some of it, but the content of the lyrics puts me right off.
College_Dropout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No. If you dont like it, dont listen to it.
Illegal Algebra
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
its not meant to be taken seriously. its all a joke. people need to stop taking it to heart, just ignore it if you dont like the message. rap lyrics are all nonsesne, rap is all about the beat and the flow.
al_94
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yes it is, in my opinion. It devalues human life and women. I believe it is partially responsible for the crime rate in the African American community.
pocahontas lol
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yes.

Any other questions?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.75%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.75%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (14)
17.5%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
11.25%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
36.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (14)
17.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise