Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why is their so much unfair cynicism toward Farage & UKIP voters? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Where has this mob/anti-UKIP mentality come from?

Farage has been called many things but is their any evidence for peoples cynicism toward Farage? I do not believe so. Stop jumping on the bandwagon and fabricating lies against Farage and his party. More people are angry at somebody who wants to control his very own border (how dare he) than Labour's compliance in child abuse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catholic_)
    Where has this mob/anti-UKIP mentality come from?

Farage has been called many things but is their any evidence for peoples cynicism toward Farage? I do not believe so. Stop jumping on the bandwagon and fabricating lies against Farage and his party. More people are angry at somebody who wants to control his very own border (how dare he) than Labour's compliance in child abuse.
    Well, mainly it's the fact that he actively seems to try to look stupid. Partly it's the fact that he's a City Banker. Partly it's that his anti-Europe, anti-establishment party is further right than the conservatives and bankrolled by rich people in Europe.

It could also have something to do with the fact that they still don't have a manifesto published. Or that they seem hell-bent on "reasonable, controlled immigration" without specifying what that is. Or that they want to get leave the EU Court of Human Rights, or that he's married to a German who he pays an extortionate amount to be his secretary (because it's not fraud if there's no-one else who he could pay to do this). Or maybe it's that UKIP is a party that simply seems inherently racist, is the party which had to ban ex-BNP members because it was the natural place for them to go and refuses to talk about actual policies besides controlling immigration.

It could be a whole lot of things. It could even be that he's uglier than Milliband. Who knows? But you're right, it might simply be an unforgivable bias against the little man. Someone needs to give some media coverage to him, so that he can defend himself!

ReputationRep:
    It could also be that I only had to look for 5 minutes to find this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOW4VUt7alQ

ReputationRep:
    Oh great. Another ukip thread.

Just to summarise, if you hold a different opinion to those on the left, their traditional responsenis to call you racist, fascist etc etc. They keep saying it long enough for non too bright people to use the terms without thinking about it

Can anybody tell me why ukip is a racist party though?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    UKIP are a bandwagon party, they're hypocritical, dangerous and they spread propaganda designed to blame our country's problems on the weakest. They stand in the way of social progress and they're on the wrong side of history. Throngs of supporters who don't even know what UKIP stand for are a much better example of 'mob mentality'.
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Study Helper
    Cynicism to a party that's never been in power and don't have a manifesto? Wow how unfair!

I'm sorry but if someone is voting UKIP it is basically either a protest vote or an admission that they don't understand politics. There's nothing wrong with either of those things, I know some very intelligent people who don't know much about politics and I definitely advocate protest votes. But voting for a party 'Just cos' is naturally going to endear cynicism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hal.E.Lujah)
    Cynicism to a party that's never been in power and don't have a manifesto? Wow how unfair!

I'm sorry but if someone is voting UKIP it is basically either a protest vote or an admission that they don't understand politics. There's nothing wrong with either of those things, I know some very intelligent people who don't know much about politics. But voting for a party 'Just cos' is naturally going to endear cynicism.
    Or they want out of the EU.
    Remember that. Nobody asked the UK electorate about joining the EU.
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Study Helper
    (Original post by MatureStudent36)
    Or they want out of the EU.
    Remember that. Nobody asked the UK electorate about joining the EU.

Oh they have a manifesto? And they've been in power and shown they're a capable party? I take my whole post back!

Oh wait no, you just spouted some inane babble that was completely irrelevant to what I actually posted, yet again demonstrating what I was saying. Thank you for that.

ReputationRep:
    I do understand the argument that attacking UKIP because of things its members have said is a bit stupid.

But...

Farage and co have often said things like "don't attack our members, criticise our policies instead". Yet they don't have a manifesto out yet (and haven't for a while now, after they disowned their previous one). How can we criticise them on policy grounds when they don't have any policies aside from a few not very well defined ones on the EU and immigration?

"You shouldn't vote UKIP, look at what their members have said..."

"Don't attack us for what some members have said, attack us on policy grounds instead"

"OK, you shouldn't vote UKIP because their policy on such and such is..."

"Actually, we don't even HAVE any policies since we disowned our last manifesto! So there!"

ReputationRep:
    Lol why do you think? They're racist and ridiculous bigots!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Because the liberals are terrified......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afra123)
    Lol why do you think? They're racist and ridiculous bigots!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Could you show me a racist UKIP policy please?

ReputationRep:
    surely you meant "there" instead of "their"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    UKIP are a bandwagon party, they're hypocritical, dangerous and they spread propaganda designed to blame our country's problems on the weakest. They stand in the way of social progress and they're on the wrong side of history. Throngs of supporters who don't even know what UKIP stand for are a much better example of 'mob mentality'.
    Instead of spurt **** could you elaborate on your points please?

They spread propaganda? All they have said is that if all the citizens of Romania and Bulgaria wanted to come here- they have the right to do so. That is a fact.

Social progress? Whats that- where hardworking people have to pay more taxes so the lazy British and leaching EU citizens can have an easy life?

ReputationRep:
    Because they're getting big.
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Study Helper
    (Original post by billydisco)
    Could you show me a racist UKIP policy please?

Nope, because they don't have any policies.

Current Manifesto: 'More announcements will be made in the run up to the 2015 election'

I strongly disagree with people calling UKIP a racist party; because they're not. They do attract racist supporters though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lerjj)
    Partly it's that his anti-Europe
    Bull**** get you facts right. Anti EU. Not Anti Europe.

ReputationRep:
    Oh they have a manifesto? And they've been in power and shown they're a capable party? I take my whole post back!

Oh wait no, you just spouted some inane babble that was completely irrelevant to what I actually posted, yet again demonstrating what I was saying. Thank you for that.
    You do realise that the UK electorate were never asked about joining the EU?

You do realise that a lot of people in the UK are unhappy about being in the EU?

You do realise that if enough people have a political belief, if established parties don't catwr for that belief system new parties spring up?

You do realise that ukip are the only main(ish) stream party that advocates the withdrawal from the EU.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lerjj)
    Partly it's the fact that he's a City Banker.
    How the **** is a commodities broker a "banker"?

Do you even know what a "banker" is?

ReputationRep:
    Nope, because they don't have any policies.
    Then how can UKIP be described as racist?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 21, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.