Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I have come back from Australia because of heightened homesickness and I think I am beginning to regret my decision. I spent exactly 50 days in Aus with 2 other guys and the form of homesickness I had was that I missed normal life. I missed having the structure of school or work and then participating in my hobbies and interests in my free time. During my time in Australia what really got me down was the days where we would mill around not doing a lot but I loved the days where we had a plan and were active.
    I did have a plan of doing building up my CV by doing my level 1 coaching awards in certain sports, doing some work experience with the PE staff at my old school and getting a job with a Sporting Organisation (I have emailed, yet to get replies). I also could go back to my old job (Tesco) if need be.
    Do you think I should try again? Be mentally stronger with my plan here in England? If I do go, where? - Australia or somewhere else? On my own? Get a fixed job out there?

What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.