Turn on thread page Beta

Law Work Experience watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Tomorrow I am beginning a three day work experience at a Human Rights Law firm. As I have not experienced work experience before I am unaware of what I am going to be doing.

I am, unfortunately, a worrier so any information that anyone can give me on their past experiences in a law firm for work experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm three days is short... On the other hand, they'll probably be eager to show you all the departments/kinds of work, even if you don't get into detail. I did a week experience at an international law firm where I got to follow some cases and go to court, so even in a short period of time you'll find stuff to do

Just don't expect to be doing much "work", they use interns with law degrees for that, so just enjoy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anyonenobody)
    Hmmm three days is short... On the other hand, they'll probably be eager to show you all the departments/kinds of work, even if you don't get into detail. I did a week experience at an international law firm where I got to follow some cases and go to court, so even in a short period of time you'll find stuff to do

Just don't expect to be doing much "work", they use interns with law degrees for that, so just enjoy
    Thanks for replying😊

When you say you got to follow some cases did they allow you to read the documents with them or were you listening in meetings?

Part of me thinks I may just be making tea and coffee 🙈

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachm643)
    Thanks for replying������

When you say you got to follow some cases did they allow you to read the documents with them or were you listening in meetings?

Part of me thinks I may just be making tea and coffee ������
    Well actually I got to see the final pleas of this multi million dollar case in the Tribunal Correctionnel in Paris, where MCS Marlboro (a clothes brand), was being blamed for indirect tobacco publicity. I got really lucky to be there when the case was wrapping up. It was amazing, 4 hours straight of debating...

People made coffee for me haha, even got my name on the door while I was there

Just show you're passionate about it and you're not there to play aorund. You want to learn

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anyonenobody)
    Well actually I got to see the final pleas of this multi million dollar case in the Tribunal Correctionnel in Paris, where MCS Marlboro (a clothes brand), was being blamed for indirect tobacco publicity. I got really lucky to be there when the case was wrapping up. It was amazing, 4 hours straight of debating...

People made coffee for me haha, even got my name on the door while I was there

Just show you're passionate about it and you're not there to play aorund. You want to learn
    That sounds brilliant! I'm hoping that there will be a good case in the ranks tomorrow😊

Yes I'm planning to do a lot of research into the company in the coming hours. Thanks for all your help☺️

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.