Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    It’s time for me to retire as your Secretary General.

I have been involved with the MUN for many years now, but I'm becoming increasingly busy in real life and no longer have the time to properly perform my duties.

After enjoying two terms as SG, the time has come to pass on the role to a new generation.

I’ve really enjoyed running the MUN. I hope I leave the place more active and more relevant, as I promised in my last manifesto. Activity is increasing, and closing the Security Council has focused our attention on improving the main forum.

In my final two weeks, we'll have a new Charter, a relaunched buddy scheme and improvements that I'm sure my successor will continue.

Big thanks go out to all the regularly active contributors, you know who you are – in particular, Nigel, as well as others who have helped.

It's time for everyone to step up and do your bit to keep the MUN active as we approach it's 10th birthday.

The election will last for two weeks – anyone interested in becoming SG has 7 days to send me their manifestos (300 words max), followed by a 2 day Q&A session and finally a 5 day vote. Our new SG will take office on the 1st February.

I’d urge you all to run for this position.
    Here’s to the future of the MUN and all the best to my successor!
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Birchington)
    It’s time for me to retire as your Secretary General.

I have been involved with the MUN for many years now, but I'm becoming increasingly busy in real life and no longer have the time to properly perform my duties.

After enjoying two terms as SG, the time has come to pass on the role to a new generation.

I’ve really enjoyed running the MUN. I hope I leave the place more active and more relevant, as I promised in my last manifesto. Activity is increasing, and closing the Security Council has focused our attention on improving the main forum.

In my final two weeks, we'll have a new Charter, a relaunched buddy scheme and improvements that I'm sure my successor will continue.

Big thanks go out to all the regularly active contributors, you know who you are – in particular, Nigel, as well as others who have helped.

It's time for everyone to step up and do your bit to keep the MUN active as we approach it's 10th birthday.

The election will last for two weeks – anyone interested in becoming SG has 7 days to send me their manifestos (300 words max), followed by a 2 day Q&A session and finally a 5 day vote. Our new SG will take office on the 1st February.

I’d urge you all to run for this position.
    Here’s to the future of the MUN and all the best to my successor!
    Noooo! Don't leave! :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Edminzodo)
    Noooo! Don't leave! :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'll still drop in from time to time. This place needs a SG with the time and energy to keep things improving - I hope I have done my bit to help.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wait, what? You have only just become SG and now you're quitting? :curious:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birchington)
    QFA
    You've done a good job once again. You stepped up when the MUN needed someone reliable and you held it together. I commend you. You are a testament to the history of the MUN Leadership. I hope your successor is as keen as you are.

I encourage anyone who is interested or tempted to have a go. If you are interested and you think you have the time, the enthusiasm, and the ideas to make it work and to take the MUN forward, then go for it! Don't delay!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    You've done a good job once again. You stepped up when the MUN needed someone reliable and you held it together. I commend you. You are a testament to the history of the MUN Leadership. I hope your successor is as keen as you are.

I encourage anyone who is interested or tempted to have a go. If you are interested and you think you have the time, the enthusiasm, and the ideas to make it work and to take the MUN forward, then go for it! Don't delay!
    As said above, you've done a great job, Birch. One could say this place isn't all that active, but that'd be a preposterous way to judge your work. You've really established the base for a new era, so we can only hope your successor is efficient, productive and active as it's necessary.

Let's be honest, we know the man for the job. I suggest Nigel for new SG.

ReputationRep:
    I must say Birch you have done a cracking job as SG even if just for a short while

Your work in these tough times with activity levels has kept the MUN on its feet and I commend you for it

I hope we get another great SG and I can recommend Nigel Farage MEP for the job!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I also have less time since my studies at uni and both work at office as well.

I'll try next time if possible
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Thanks for the kind comments everyone.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.