The Student Room Group

Why do so many people have a problem with controlled immigration???

Scroll to see replies

Original post by billydisco
So what, we just enjoyed having 30 Romanian homeless camping in Hyde Park for 5 years?

Seems so. I dunno... maybe the Home Office is underfunded. Or just not doing its job properly.
I see so many people being anti-UKIP, calling them "racist" when their policy is exactly the same as Australia's immigration system- only admit those who can benefit society. Do the Australians get called racist? Nope, so why are UKIP???

Tell me what is wrong with being in charge of who we admit to this country? In fact, I think any body who argues against being in control of your own immigration must have an IQ of 2!

Personally I speaking I don't have any problem with the principal of controlling immigration however I do consider the Australian system restrictive.

I'd much rather have more or less free movement but only with countries that have a GDP per capita above $30k.

Original post by Catholic_
Because they want to engulf Britain into a non-White majority. If they could have Britain without the Indigenous population they'd have it tomorrow. When does a multiculturalist stop asking for migration or 'diversity'? When there are 0 white people left.

The bigger problem here is not how many come in, its that they have higher birth rates and breed. I do think that there's little to gain from allowing third world immigrants here.
If we only let useful people in, then why not kick useless people out?
Original post by Rakas21
Personally I speaking I don't have any problem with the principal of controlling immigration however I do consider the Australian system restrictive.

I'd much rather have more or less free movement but only with countries that have a GDP per capita above $30k.

The bigger problem here is not how many come in, its that they have higher birth rates and breed. I do think that there's little to gain from allowing third world immigrants here.

Nobody wants to listen. British people have no value anymore. We are fair game.
UKIP often imply Eastern Europeans are biologically inferior to Western Europeans.
Reply 45
Original post by crozibear96

What country would want useless people? :rolleyes:
What country would want useless people? :rolleyes:

None. So, my point is, if you start not letting useless people in.. then what's stopping you from starting to kick useless people out? :3
Reply 47
Original post by InnerTemple
Seems so. I dunno... maybe the Home Office is underfunded. Or just not doing its job properly.

I have read the EU charter relative to what im about to say (cant remember its name) and it basically says, not only are EU citizens entitled to benefits in the UK, but so are their immediate family members...... so long as one EU citizen is working OR if there are special circumstances....

So, if a Romanian family of 20 arrives here, one works, the remaining 19 family members are entitled to benefits......
Yes you can- whether its nice or not is another matter.

Sure, but you have to recognise that making blanket statements about entire peoples, whether positively or negatively, is racist. It's assigning to an assumed collective group of people a set of inherent personality traits by dint of linking those traits to their biological and national origins, which is racism.

Is the number of skilled people (and criminals) in Germany and Romania identical?

That's beside the point; skilled people from both should be welcomed, and criminals should be resisted. Why give a blanket ban or welcome to one or the other and risk the inflow of the less desirable ones?
I have read the EU charter relative to what im about to say (cant remember its name) and it basically says, not only are EU citizens entitled to benefits in the UK, but so are their immediate family members...... so long as one EU citizen is working OR if there are special circumstances....

So, if a Romanian family of 20 arrives here, one works, the remaining 19 family members are entitled to benefits......

Except if you'd actually researched this yourself, you'd know this is not true. Benefits can only be claimed if you can demonstrate, for example, that you are actively seeking employment, just like with a British national.
None. So, my point is, if you start not letting useless people in.. then what's stopping you from starting to kick useless people out? :3

Rules are rules. Comming here is a privlege, not a right.
Original post by Catholic_
Rules are rules. Comming here is a privlege, not a right.

And what about staying here?
I see so many people being anti-UKIP, calling them "racist" when their policy is exactly the same as Australia's immigration system- only admit those who can benefit society. Do the Australians get called racist? Nope, so why are UKIP???

Tell me what is wrong with being in charge of who we admit to this country? In fact, I think any body who argues against being in control of your own immigration must have an IQ of 2!

Because the British public are eaten through and through like a rotten piece of cheese with guilt about not giving the poor masses of the world housing, food, jobs, careers and NHS care.
Reply 53
[QUOTE="gladders;53057367"]Sure, but you have to recognise that making blanket statements about entire peoples, whether positively or negatively, is racist. It's assigning to an assumed collective group of people a set of inherent personality traits by dint of linking those traits to their biological and national origins, which is racism.

Original post by gladders
That's beside the point; skilled people from both should be welcomed, and criminals should be resisted. Why give a blanket ban or welcome to one or the other and risk the inflow of the less desirable ones?

How can that be besides the point when my original "racist" statement was that Germany and Romania have different cultures and immigrants from the two will not be identical??
Reply 54
Well heres a theory:
Uncontrolled immigration of a certain group and then portray them as mindless terrorists through media propangda. As a result average joe is ****ting bricks and will not question anything his govt does. Fear is the best form of population control, it is used to dehumanize and create hatred toward a supposed enemy, either internal or external, by creating a false image in the mind.
How can that be besides the point when my original "racist" statement was that Germany and Romania have different cultures and immigrants from the two will not be identical??

They have different cultures and the immigrants won't be identical, sure. But that makes no comment on their moral character. Or are you implying there's something in Romanian culture that somehow makes them more likely to be grafting spongers? Because that would be extremely difficult to demonstrate.

This.

If this country doesn't want/need those of low skill, low drive and questionable moral character then why not deport the British people that fit that description (and yes there are plenty of them). That would be a fair controlled immigration system.
Reply 57
Original post by gladders
They have different cultures and the immigrants won't be identical, sure. But that makes no comment on their moral character. Or are you implying there's something in Romanian culture that somehow makes them more likely to be grafting spongers? Because that would be extremely difficult to demonstrate.

Romania is extremely well known for human trafficking, pick-pocketing- hell they even have a mafia!

and you're telling me this doesn't affect the population? 33% of Romanians living in Greater London were arrested in 2013...... the facts dont lie.
Reply 58
Original post by mojojojo101
This.

If this country doesn't want/need those of low skill, low drive and questionable moral character then why not deport the British people that fit that description (and yes there are plenty of them). That would be a fair controlled immigration system.

Deport to where?
Romania is extremely well known for human trafficking, pick-pocketing- hell they even have a mafia!

and you're telling me this doesn't affect the population? 33% of Romanians living in Greater London were arrested in 2013...... the facts dont lie.

And you're still missing the point. We shouldn't base our immigration policy on one of painting a whole people with a broad brush. It should be done on a case-by-case basis - person by person.

If that means that most Romanians end up not getting into the UK, fine; the law-abiding, hard-working ones do. If it means the criminal element in Germany is kept out, fine; the law-abiding, hard-working ones do.

I honestly don't see what your problem with this is.

Quick Reply

Latest