Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it rude to constantly turn people down watch

ReputationRep:
    Like for dates? I mean I get it if there's no attraction but what if you generally just don't click?

i just feel like,it makes me look bad.
    i've had many offers from respectable,great looking gentlemen and I was joking about this whole situation with a friend of mine yesterday who said something along the lines of... It doesn't make you look good and would put me off ever asking you out,even tho I knew he joking but I guess he has a point.

i just truly want to be with a certain person right now but I don't want to come across an an arrogant young lady to other men who ask me out.

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone I'm soooo popular with the guyz.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Like for dates? I mean I get it if there's no attraction but what if you generally just don't click?

i just feel like,it makes me look bad.
    i've had many offers from respectable,great looking gentlemen and I was joking about this whole situation with a friend of mine yesterday who said something along the lines of... It doesn't make you look good and would put me off ever asking you out,even tho I knew he joking but I guess he has a point.

i just truly want to be with a certain person right now but I don't want to come across an an arrogant young lady to other men who ask me out.
    Nothing wrong with it at all.

ReputationRep:
    No, its not rude. Nobody has an obligation to say yes to these things. What good would that do for you if you just accepted an offer to go on a date because you feel bad for saying no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TurboCretin)
    :rofl2: Wish I could rep.

no it is not rude OP, go out with who you want to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily.97)
    No, its not rude. Nobody has an obligation to say yes to these things. What good would that do for you if you just accepted an offer to go on a date because you feel bad for saying no?
    Would make you look less arrogant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TurboCretin)
    We have a comedian in the house

ReputationRep:
    THATS THE MOST IMPORTANT BIT!

Clicking! Thats the best reason to turn people down, I feel different if you were clicking with guys but only turning them down because they weren't attractive enough. (I don't mean completely unattractive i mean if they weren't attractive enough, of course i can understand if they just aren't to your taste at all)

ReputationRep:
    Would make you look less arrogant
    Why would someone asking you on a date know that you'd turned others down? And how does turning people down make you arrogant ?

ReputationRep:
    Not rude at all. The alternative would be to go on a date with someone you don't like & end up wasting both of your time. Also, you'd be giving the guy false hope. Pity dates aren't nice. Keep saying no.

Not arrogant. I wouldn't be interested in someone who goes on dates with people they don't like because they don't have the balls to say no lol.

ReputationRep:
    Why would someone asking you on a date know that you'd turned others down? And how does turning people down make you arrogant ?
    No,I'm asking in general. My friend knows I've turned them down and he always makes certain comments about how it doesn't look good etc
    I generally feel bad about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophiaLDN)
    Not rude at all. The alternative would be to go on a date with someone you don't like & end up wasting both of your time. Also, you'd be giving the guy false hope. Pity dates aren't nice. Keep saying no.

Not arrogant. I wouldn't be interested in someone who goes on dates with people they don't like because they don't have the balls to say no lol.
    So you wouldn't feel bad about saying no to someone who really liked you? Or wants to get to know you and take you out on dates? I don't mind saying no,it's just putting it out there and then there's that awkward feeling and the person probably thinks oh this girl is a stuck up ***** or something like that

ReputationRep:
    No,I'm asking in general. My friend knows I've turned them down and he always makes certain comments about how it doesn't look good etc
    I generally feel bad about it.
    Sounds like you're feeling bad mainly based on what this guys saying. But it doesn't mean others will think the same thing. Either way, don't think anyone in that situation would have reason to feel that they had done something wrong or could be perceived as arrogant with justification.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, if you don't really think there's any chance of anything materialising then I don't see the point really.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you're feeling bad mainly based on what this guys saying. But it doesn't mean others will think the same thing. Either way, don't think anyone in that situation would have reason to feel that they had done something wrong or could be perceived as arrogant with justification.
    I guess I just don't like letting people down or awkward situations

ReputationRep:
    If I know a girl who has been turning down several guys I'm talking 10+ then she won't be approached by me.

Can't stand fussy girls

ReputationRep:
    the only guys who are ever interested in me are ones I feel no attraction to at all :dontknow: why would you say yes to someone you didn't like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bittr n swt)
    If I know a girl who has been turning down several guys I'm talking 10+ then she won't be approached by me.

Can't stand fussy girls
    Would you turn girls down if you didn't see it working out with them? Or if you already like someone else but people still ask you on dates

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    the only guys who are ever interested in me are ones I feel no attraction to at all :dontknow: why would you say yes to someone you didn't like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I haven't but I just think it looks bad,feels bad

ReputationRep:
    I haven't but I just think it looks bad,feels bad
    I suppose it might look a bit bad but surely it's better than dating someone you're not interested in, just to break up with them down the line when it inevitably doesn't work out

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.