The Student Room Group

Can you get into a uni although you don't fulfill all the requirements of their offer

I mean is it posible (and probable) that they will accept you? Having a really good personal statement
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Jorge1
I mean is it posible (and probable) that they will accept you?

Possible. No one can say probable, not even the admissions tutors for the course, until results day as it all depends on how many other offer holders have met the conditions and how far you are from reaching them. That's the best answer you are going to get.
Reply 2
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Possible. No one can say probable, not even the admissions tutors for the course, until results day as it all depends on how many other offer holders have met the conditions and how far you are from reaching them. That's the best answer you are going to get.

Thank you for your backup :smile:
I've known quite a few students miss their offers and still get in but you can't predict which unis will be 'generous' and which won't.

It depends on other offer holders as they do need to fill courses or they are fined!
Potentially, but it really depends on what exactly you're missing, what the course is, and how many applications are made to the uni for that course for your chosen year of entry.

If you're talking about a mid-range uni asks for BBB for, let's say, Chemistry, and your predicted grades are ABC with the C in Music and the A in Chemistry, then you might just be okay. If it was because the C grade you were predicted was in Chemistry, however, you might have less luck.
Original post by Jorge1
I mean is it posible (and probable) that they will accept you? Having a really good personal statement

On results day, it is more likely that it will depend on how everyone else has done, rather than on your personal statement. If the course is full with people who have met their offers, then they won't accept you. If there are only a few spaces, and the uni think that they can pick up better applicants via clearing/adjustment, then they might not accept you. If lots of people have missed their offers, and they have lots of spaces, then you've got more of a chance, although it depends on how much you've missed your offer by.

If you're talking about when you first apply, it's possible you might get an offer- but it's likely to be the uni's standard offer- e.g. you're predicted ABB, but they offer you AAB, so it's up to you to decide whether you're likely to meet the offer or not, and how much of a risk you want to take.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending