Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So I went out with someone I've known from uni to the the theatre and then dinner afterwards. We're kinda good friends, but I wouldn't say we're really really close - just good friends. Is it possible I may have given off the impression that it was a date? I'm the guy btw. It'd just be quite interesting to see what girls in particular on here think?

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm not a girl, but even though that would have made a good date - if you're just good friends there's nothing out of the ordinary with that.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't sound like a date

ReputationRep:
    If there was nothing physical going on then no.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the run up and context. It would be a quite unusual option for a first date mind.

ReputationRep:
    It depends, if the time you guys were just laughing and acting like you usually do (as friends) then it's not a date, but if there was something different like a spark/chemistry then yeah it could have been a date.

ReputationRep:
    Nah not a date but she's interested I think

Ah ok fine. Yh cos I told my other friends and they said sounds like a date, but in all honesty I don't want to be leading anyone on. Just a bit afraid I was doing that.

ReputationRep:
    It would likely be construed as a 'date' precisely because you aren't close friends.

ReputationRep:
    Did you pay?

I once asked a girl if she wanted to get coffee sometime. She thought I was asking her out. No hard and fast rules to determine what is hanging out and what is a date

(Original post by germanium)
    Did you pay?
    Lol no. Even if it was openly a da date, I wouldn't have paid. I believe if2 people have the means to pay, then they should go halves. That's a separate thread anyway

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 18, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.