The Student Room Group

Cambridge "Night Stabber"

Bit scary, eh? He was in our college on Friday night (a friend of mine spoke to him) and promptly stabbed someone a few hours later. Big notices of his face all round college and many emails from the police! Keep out doors locked and only open them if we recognise the person on the other side's voice. Eeeek! UKL is the only safe place to be :wink:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
ooooooo, can you tell us the story?
Reply 2
Police in knifeman warning
Published on 11 May 2004
POLICE are stepping up patrols in the hunt for a serial stabber in Cambridge.

Extra officers are being put on the inquiry following the attacks which have left three people in need of hospital treatment.

Inspector Paul Anderson, of Cambridge police, said: "We have been putting an increased patrol in the areas, a visible police presence.

"We have been doing that by foot and bike patrols covering the footpaths and cyclepaths around the river, the back alleys and the green areas. There is a strategy in place."

Detective Sergeant Alan Page, the investigating officer, said: "People need to be aware. They should try to stay together in a group.

"The attacks are very similar. In all but one he has attacked from behind - be cautious of anyone coming up behind on a bike."

The attacker uses a bicycle to get around and has struck four times in the space of 10 days.

In the latest incident, a 25-year-old woman underwent surgery at Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge after being attacked from behind on Jesus Green at around 1.20am on Saturday.

The woman managed to make her way to Victoria Avenue despite being badly injured and flagged down a passing taxi driver, who raised the alarm.

In another attack five minutes earlier, the knifeman stabbed a 36-year-old man in the back as he was walking with his girlfriend near the Arundel House Hotel in Chesterton Road.

The couple said they saw a man on a bicycle as they walked along Castle Hill, towards the church. He had ridden past and disappeared into a side street and was not seen by them again until he approached them outside the hotel.

Police said the attacker, thought to be in his late teens to late 20s, wore a dark bandana on his head in the first attack and across his face cowboy-style in the second.

Last Tuesday, a 20-year-old Churchill College student received cuts to her face after being attacked by a cyclist.

This is the only incident in which the attacker approached his victim from the front.

On Thursday, April 29, an 18-year-old woman suffered a collapsed lung after being stabbed in the back in Fisher Street.

-----------------------

That's about it really. But I most certainly won't be going out in the dark soon!
Reply 3
If he comes near me, I will kick the c**p out of him.
Reply 4
shiny
If he comes near me, I will kick the c**p out of him.

Would that be before or after he has cycled up from behind and stabbed you in the back... :confused:
Reply 5
blissy
Would that be before or after he has cycled up from behind and stabbed you in the back... :confused:

Before of course.
Reply 6
shiny
Before of course.

LOL. You know what I meant though!

I'm a bit scared that he had the nerve to come into our college. We had our first email about an intruder a few days ago but I thought it was *just* a thief. Then I thought "dear God, what if it's a rapist?" and then I found out he was Mr. Stabby.
Reply 7
blissy
LOL. You know what I meant though!
I'm a bit scared that he had the nerve to come into our college. We had our first email about an intruder a few days ago but I thought it was *just* a thief. Then I thought "dear God, what if it's a rapist?" and then I found out he was Mr. Stabby.

Sorry I'm in a bad mood at the moment. My shoulder hurts. :mad:
Slightly shocking but you get weirdo's everwhere today. I like his nickname though, sounds like a kids cartoon character.

And Blissy, I bet you would love to have a big bustling rugby player walking around the streets with you now :tongue: £30 a hour and I'm all yours, but just for you i'll slash my price in half :tongue:
Reply 9

Mr Stabby! What an excellent nickname.
Reply 10
Excellent. I think that deserves some rep.
Reply 11
Um.... I'm I the only person who thinks this might be in slightly poor taste.

I mean... announcing a stabbing with a smiley is a bit odd, surely.
Reply 12
Ahh merci!
Reply 13
Faboba
Um.... I'm I the only person who thinks this might be in slightly poor taste.

I mean... announcing a stabbing with a smiley is a bit odd, surely.

It was only a wink as I moved away from the subject. You have to make light of these things otherwise you get irrationally scared (e.g. my friend came to mine yesterday crying and a total wreck and I had to calm her down.)

(p.s. they were multiple stabbings, and thankfully noone has died)
Reply 14
blissy
It was only a wink as I moved away from the subject. You have to make light of these things otherwise you get irrationally scared (e.g. my friend came to mine yesterday crying and a total wreck and I had to calm her down.)

(p.s. they were multiple stabbings, and thankfully noone has died)

I take it this was the friend that spoke to him, yeah? I don't blame her.

I take your point though.
Reply 15
Faboba
I take it this was the friend that spoke to him, yeah? I don't blame her.

Nope. But some people are being a bit hysterical.
Reply 16
There are some major freaks out there. How did this person know it was mr stabby she spoke to?
Reply 17
Suzy_vet
There are some major freaks out there. How did this person know it was mr stabby she spoke to?

Because we were all sent a picture of him. And he looked the same. And he was on his own and being decidedly "dodgy"
Reply 18
hmmm, that must be very freaky. i didnt think people could just walk into the colleges anyway. you dont expect this sort of thing in a place like cambridge. surely this is a dodgy london guy!
Reply 19
Suzy_vet
hmmm, that must be very freaky. i didnt think people could just walk into the colleges anyway. you dont expect this sort of thing in a place like cambridge. surely this is a dodgy london guy!

FUnnily enough, his description includes "accent: London"
And yes we get some weirdos because they can "sneak in" back ways (we have a lot of flashers, but they don't just flash :eek: ) Our porters are very good and 24 hours but I don't think all colleges have 24 hr porters. It's worse in winter when it gets dark early so even though the back gates are only accessible by a swipe card after 6pm it is dark enough then for someone to get in (although, now it is swipe-card only for all the back gates, all the entrances to blocks and all the entrances to corridors - bit of a pain if you forget yours!)

Being an all girls college we get more weirdos because if they are there for sexual gratification they will certainly get a woman to gawp at/assault, and if they are there for violence they will be less likely to be stopped or fought off.