The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
MadLy
I dont know where that came from.......and I hope they didnt create it especially!!

But at the same time, it has a sense of humour about it... :rolleyes:

Okay. Re-writing the post as I have a trifle bit more information now.

The animation was not made in connection with the Cambridge stabbings. It comes from a chap Joel Veitch who owns www.reallygood.com and has ties with www.b3ta.com He did the animations for the cats that sing "I want some crusha' and for the switch maestro adverts with the serenading penguins. ( Chanson, chanson d'amor ).
Bob the dog
Rubbish, it's that sort of attitude which creates a prejudiced society. Perhaps if you were just see the slightly bigger picture... you'd learn that making sweeping generalisations is pointless... I could call *you* arrogant, but not the whole of your college... (it's called putting things in context - just look at my rants on the whole 'prestige thing' - colleges aren't homogenous masses). This is a big university with lots of different people, ideas and perspectives, just because people don't think the same doesn't mean they are wrong or bad... long live cognitive polyphasia in a personal or intergroup manner - it's a very good thing we don't all think the same - you might learn something.

bless, the lack of broadmindedness stricks again...

lack of broadmindedness?
Not at all, someones gotta do a shit degree at a shit college. I think its very brave of you
bless
foolfarian
lack of broadmindedness?
Not at all, someones gotta do a shit degree at a shit college. I think its very brave of you
bless

My daddies car is better than your so :tongue:
Joey_Johns

Indeed, for I do not have a car, or a daddy.
I do have a lovely bus pass though
J
Reply 224
Joey_Johns

WOW! A tomato sauce car!?
foolfarian
lack of broadmindedness?
bless

I'm sure Bob the Dog was impressed by the profundity of your analysis and the 'evidence-based' nature of your response.

http://www.homerton.cam.ac.uk/academic_educat.htm

Why do you object to 'education studies' as a legitimate area of academia. That seems rather odd to me, especially given your own purported background. Or is it a case of 'pulling up the drawbridge'.
Reply 226
foolfarian
Indeed, for I do not have a car, or a daddy.
I do have a lovely bus pass though
J

I broke my mummy's car today :eek:

Not a good day to do that on, considering I was taking my sister home for our grandmother's funeral at the time.
Helenia
I broke my mummy's car today :eek:

Not a good day to do that on, considering I was taking my sister home for our grandmother's funeral at the time.

Another person was stabbed last night.
And for all of those people thinking this was restricted to dark empty places, this has really hit home (literally for me) because it was in benet st/free school lane (the lane that runs down the back of corpus, off the street where the eagle is).
I always used to go to the department library late at night, and it ***** me right off that i can't because theres some psycho **** randomly stabbing anyone and everyone.
Mind you, that lane always has been a hotspot for muggings, rapings etc
J
Reply 228
foolfarian
And for all of those people thinking this was restricted to dark empty places, this has really hit home (literally for me) because it was in benet st/free school lane (the lane that runs down the back of corpus, off the street where the eagle is).
I always used to go to the department library late at night, and it ***** me right off that i can't because theres some psycho **** randomly stabbing anyone and everyone.
J

Jeez, complete psycho

When I was searching the BBC site for the article about the four stabbings I also came across this one: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cambridgeshire/3211369.stm which does seem to have a similar pattern to its randomness. Though they don't seem to have made the link...

Alaric.
Reply 229
foolfarian
J

No, you wouldn't catch me in free school lane after dark, it's rather creepy. Ideal place to for him to pounce. I really hope he gets caught before exams finish.
Reply 230
foolfarian
J

Oh gosh - I walk down there every day (although admittedly in daylight, with loads of people around). I'm still at home, so this is the first I heard of it. Was it another student, and are they ok? (i.e. not dead - being stabbed is never a nice thing to happen)

Just when we thought he'd gone quiet as well :frown:
Reply 231
Helenia
Oh gosh - I walk down there every day (although admittedly in daylight, with loads of people around). I'm still at home, so this is the first I heard of it. Was it another student, and are they ok? (i.e. not dead - being stabbed is never a nice thing to happen)

Just when we thought he'd gone quiet as well :frown:

Was it on the radio this morning? Cos I didn't hear anything!
shiny
Was it on the radio this morning? Cos I didn't hear anything!

its not properly public yet, only our college knows for obvious reasons.
word is tho that they might have caught the bicycle guy, and this may be unrelated, or copycat
Reply 233
foolfarian
word is tho that they might have caught the bicycle guy, and this may be unrelated, or copycat

:rolleyes:
Reply 234
foolfarian

Interesting...well keep us posted - am still at home and so out of everything, although hopefully returning very soon. Let's hope they have got him.
Reply 235
{crosses fingers in hope}
I may yet have the guts to apply to Cambridge then.
Although that is still really scary :s-smilie:
Reply 236
Acaila
{crosses fingers in hope}
I may yet have the guts to apply to Cambridge then.
Although that is still really scary :s-smilie:

Yeah like there aren't stabbings in Scotland. I haven't seen a conversation yet which began "Where you fae?" and didn't end in a drunken ned fight.
Reply 237
Faboba
Yeah like there aren't stabbings in Scotland. I haven't seen a conversation yet which began "Where you fae?" and didn't end in a drunken ned fight.

Ya gotta love Glasgow cynicism :biggrin:
Reply 238
Acaila
Ya gotta love Glasgow cynicism :biggrin:

At least Mr Stabby doesn't wear Burberry and take an active interest in Northern Irish politics.
Reply 239
How do you know that? :biggrin:
Mind you I think a ned would be scared off by the intellectual aura of Cambridge

Latest

Trending

Trending