Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Old rooms in the older colleges. Although I guess Robinson won't have many old rooms. I've never seen any paticularly old ones anyway.

ReputationRep:
    To convince me to seriously consider a college, all they have to tell me is that they have loads of en-suites for almost everyone, and that they have a college drama group who performed my favourite play a couple of years ago. :rolleyes: Such an academic decision!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    To convince me to seriously consider a college, all they have to tell me is that they have loads of en-suites for almost everyone, and that they have a college drama group who performed my favourite play a couple of years ago. :rolleyes: Such an academic decision!
    En-suites for everyone? You're very demanding! I'm not sure there is any college that can manage that. I've been in mine for two out of four? What is your favourite play?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    En-suites for everyone? You're very demanding! I'm not sure there is any college that can manage that. I've been in mine for two out of four? What is your favourite play?
    Us and Them by David Campton.

And yes I'm demanding. Just ask my boyfriend . Ensuites are the one essential thing on my list for a room. I'm just very picky and the idea of having to share a bathroom with people who are drunk out of their minds is not one I'm particularly wanting to put into reality.

ReputationRep:
    Us and Them by David Campton.

And yes I'm demanding. Just ask my boyfriend . Ensuites are the one essential thing on my list for a room. I'm just very picky and the idea of having to share a bathroom with people who are drunk out of their minds is not one I'm particularly wanting to put into reality.
    Funnily enough Brickhouse's Freshers Show was "Us and Them" a couple of years ago!

ReputationRep:
    That's what I meant . My friend the compsci was asking me about what I was doing for my drama festival. I told him he wouldn't know it, but told him the name anyway. And voila, he knew it because of that . If I go anywhere other than Cambridge, I am so doing that show again!

ReputationRep:
    What would you do if you were on a staircase with a load of guys! Toilet seat hell!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    What would you do if you were on a staircase with a load of guys! Toilet seat hell!
    Another good reason for an ensuite . But having blokes around would be handy. I'm always hugging all my male friends. They're my hug whores

ReputationRep:
    Another good reason for an ensuite . But having blokes around would be handy. I'm always hugging all my male friends. They're my hug whores
    You might not be so happy if they regularly piss on the toilet seat!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    You might not be so happy if they regularly piss on the toilet seat!
    or, like the guys on my corridor, the toilet seat, the toilet, and all over the floor as well... *grrrrross* I can't wait for a better room next year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grey faerie)
    or, like the guys on my corridor, the toilet seat, the toilet, and all over the floor as well... *grrrrross* I can't wait for a better room next year!
    On behalf of man-kind I apologise. Although there are some of us who can aim.

ReputationRep:
    Nice to see a man who admits the faults of his gender

ReputationRep:
    Nice to see a man who admits the faults of his gender
    I have a thing for cleaniness. My bedder is always telling me how clean my room is!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grey faerie)
    You'd be surprised how hard it is to aim after 15 pints. Hell, getting back to the right college is an achievement!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BazTheMoney)
    You'd be surprised how hard it is to aim after 15 pints. Hell, getting back to the right college is an achievement!
    I don't think there was any aiming involved at all. Short of 'into the bathroom' rather than somewhere in the corridor, that is.

ReputationRep:
    Try Homerton, I've lived in an en-suite (ES) room for the last three years as about 80% of rooms are ES (even the victorian ones have been modernised) and Undergrads are seldom put in the non ES rooms, unlike robinson we don't have scanky bits (we're probably richer than 'binson by a mile) all rooms have been done up in the last 5 years, so are all really nice. And it's Old (and tastefully new) and now only 5 mins away from the city centre (by free bus - I'm lazy and proud of it) + we've more thesps in one college than anywhere else, find me a play in cambridge without a homertonian in it... . Mainly why I chose the place...

Also about cambridge drama, it's a free for all, anyone can act in any college or univ. drama societies plays...

(Original post by Bob the dog)
    Try Homerton, I've lived in an en-suite (ES) room for the last three years as about 80% of rooms are ES and Undergrads are seldom put in the non ES rooms, all rooms have been done up in the last 5 years, so are all really nice. And it's Old (and tastefully new) and now only 5 mins away from the city centre (by free bus - I'm lazy and proud of it) + we've more thesps in one college than anywhere else, find me play in cambridge without a homertonian in it... oh and we're probably richer than 'binson by a mile. Mainly why I chose the place...
    Thesps are bad
    Homerton is bad
    'binson is bad
    Shortening it's name is bad
    And frankly, who needs ensuite when you have a sink in your room...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foolfarian)
    Thesps are bad
    Homerton is bad
    'binson is bad
    Shortening it's name is bad
    And frankly, who needs ensuite when you have a sink in your room...
    People who like cleanliness, hygene and a lack of having to share showers, or mind the bad habits of their neighbours?

And what's a thesp, a homerton or a robinson person ever done to you?
    and this is cambridge, we abbr. everything... it's tradition surely?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bob the dog)
    Try Homerton, I've lived in an en-suite (ES) room for the last three years as about 80% of rooms are ES (even the victorian ones have been modernised) and Undergrads are seldom put in the non ES rooms, unlike robinson we don't have scanky bits (we're probably richer than 'binson by a mile) all rooms have been done up in the last 5 years, so are all really nice.
    Where the hell does Homerton find the money? Then again, they probably saved up for a while, the accommodation was probably in quite a bad state before they upgraded?

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure someone just tried my door, but it was locked. Lurker ahoy. <will not go to the loo, must hold>

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.