Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is the most upsetting thing you've seen/ heard? watch

• Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    As above!

ReputationRep:
    When my mum was really sick, she was just cooking one day in the kitchen, and the next minute, she screamed and fell to the floor, and just cried and cried, and it was just me and my sister at home, she was 13 and I was 11 and we didn't know what to do while she was just laying there screaming in agony and sobbing
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by frizzylizze)
    When my mum was really sick, she was just cooking one day in the kitchen, and the next minute, she screamed and fell to the floor, and just cried and cried, and it was just me and my sister at home, she was 13 and I was 11 and we didn't know what to do while she was just laying there screaming in agony and sobbing
    I hope everything is okay now stay safe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lularose83)
    I hope everything is okay now stay safe
    Luckily it is, she had an emergency op and after a bit of recovery she was fine It's just made me realise, there's nothing worse than seeing your mum cry
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Luckily it is, she had an emergency op and after a bit of recovery she was fine It's just made me realise, there's nothing worse than seeing your mum cry
    That's so true
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    "You're the worst mum in the world, I hate you! I never want to see you again!"

Okay so it's never really meant, but my God it hurts to hear it.

ReputationRep:
    That must have been awful for you both, I'm glad to hear she's ok now.

I have a few, all very similar - finding out that my mum had terminal cancer, the times when we were told that she couldn't have surgery, the time we found out that the cancer was spreading, when we found out the chemotherapy wasn't working, and the time they said that they said there was nothing more they do could, they were stopping the chemotherapy.

Most specifically I guess, the evening my mum died. Sitting in a private room in A&E and hearing the consultant ask us what we wanted to do if it came to resuscitation, and that in his opinion it would be cruel to carry out resuscitation if her heart stopped. Seeing her lying in the cubicle in A&E, her face right at the end, and hearing that sound. The 'death rattle' I think is what it is known as. That sound was just horrific.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.