Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, in November I received an offer from LSE and I am awaiting Durham's response. I was just wondering which one to choose (assuming I get an offer from Durham) as although it appears LSE edges it, I've heard that the social experience there is pretty dire. And so, is it wise to risk going to LSE and perhaps hating it but coming out with a degree from there, or going to Durham which I know would enjoy, but perhaps is less prestigious?

Also, I'm very interested in the academic side of law with little intention of making lots of money. Would there be much difference in a law degree from either if I wanted to go into legal academia?

ReputationRep:
    I chose Durham over LSE because I prefer living in a fairly small town compared to London. If you're not interested in working in the city, which I imagine LSE would probably be slightly better for, then just focus on whether you'd rather live in Durham and be part of a smaller college community or London which is basically the complete opposite.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.