The Student Room Group

No predicted grades? Help!

So, I'm a German student applying to Exeter, Sussex, Northampton and South Wales for Drama and Performance.
I sent off my application, my reference was included, but I got an email from UCAS stating, my teacher hadn't provided any predicted grades.
Now, the German education system isn't that simple and predicting the end-grade is nearly impossible, I understand that. And my teacher told me, there was just one box to put in a grade, which he didn't want to do, because he didn't feel comfortable making such predictions.
But what happens now? Will the universities just reject me, because I don't have any grades they could go on, or might they want to see my grades from last year?
I'm just really afraid that my application goes straight into the garbage pile!
Original post by TheFinalProblem
So, I'm a German student applying to Exeter, Sussex, Northampton and South Wales for Drama and Performance.
I sent off my application, my reference was included, but I got an email from UCAS stating, my teacher hadn't provided any predicted grades.
Now, the German education system isn't that simple and predicting the end-grade is nearly impossible, I understand that. And my teacher told me, there was just one box to put in a grade, which he didn't want to do, because he didn't feel comfortable making such predictions.
But what happens now? Will the universities just reject me, because I don't have any grades they could go on, or might they want to see my grades from last year?
I'm just really afraid that my application goes straight into the garbage pile!
You won't be the first German student any of those places has ever had, so contact them and ask what they want to see, then contact Ucas and ask them to add whatever you are asked for.
Thank you, do I email them or do I better call them?
Original post by TheFinalProblem
Thank you, do I email them or do I better call them?

Try both. A phone call should get you put through to the right person eventually. When you have got through to them, make a note of their name and email address and follow up with an email so you have it in writing.
Thank you so much! I'm gonna get myself on the phone right after school!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending