Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    Hi there

    I have just applied for a part time tuition fee loan through the uk.gov website and have a question that I need answering if possible. I have seen a course that I am interested in on the Open University website and have applied for it. The question that asks "Have you spent the last 3 years in the UK/EU" ? I will be a first time mature student that has just returned from a 9 month working holiday in Australia. Will this mean I am not eligible as I have been out of the UK for this time? I'm thinking that it won't matter as people tend to take gap years in this fashion but it'd be good to get the definitive answer if possible!

    Thanks in advance!
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative

    Your 9 months working in Australia will be classed as a "temporary break in residency", so it won't affect your eligibility but you will need to provide some evidence to show it was temporary. Temporary work contracts or your temporary visa will be fine as evidence.

Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.