Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What kind of things do your parents/family do that annoy you? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Yeaah so the title was pretty self-explanatory. What sort of things do they do that gets on your nerves?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    My gran - she will talk right over me and make it obvious she isn't listening to what I'm saying. She can also be quite stubborn, everything has to be her way or the highway. She is very highly strung too and makes you the same as well after a while. I love her and she is a great person but everyone has their flaws

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My mom disturbing me, especially when I am trying to sleep/relax. So inconsiderate especially since she doesn't like when people do it to her.

Like I type really fast and she would blame the sound of my keyboard for waking her up.

When in actuality, you woke yourself up.

That's about it.

ReputationRep:
    My mum/dad calling me when i'm in bed ffs.

ReputationRep:
    Hating on Harry Potter (awesome username, btw) and other stuff I like. Just to annoy me.

ReputationRep:
    My mum tends to assume a load of things when I say something really small to her, and its negative a lot of the time. E.g. if my friend is 20 mins late she will say something like " well maybe she doesn't value your time". omg...chill out.

She's also really sensitive, so takes offence to everything. So you can't be sarcastic or tease her without her taking it to heart.

My dad just thinks of me as a child and will still come into my room at 10pm and turn off my light saying I need to go to sleep...I'm 24 years old, give me a break.

ReputationRep:
    Dear mother will come to visit and point out all the things she doesn't agree with or that she thinks I'm doing incorrectly. I once had to remind her that as she was in my house we would be doing things my way.

My father is famously poor at timekeeping. He will without fail be at least 20 minutes late to everything.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing something somewhere in the house. Someone opens the door and comes into the room for whatever reason. When they leave they just leave the door wide open even though it was closed before they came in, forcing me to get up and shut the door.

My brothers were pretty bad for this.

ReputationRep:
    My mum always asks "stupid" questions knowingly as she knows it irritates me to high heavens.

Also, they open all of my mails.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My sister likes to over talk me :hmmm: Like last time we had a plumber to check the bathroom and as she asked me to explain the situation to the plumber, once I've started, she started too :erm: I ended up going to my room annoyed :erm: To be honest, either one or another speaks, not both at the same time :facepalm: Or if I talk on the phone on behalf of her, she sits and comments or talks as well and then blames me that I can't communicate over the phone .... I can't listen to 100 voices at the same time :erm:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.