The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Some advice to anyone whos choosing what Unis to go for:

Dont worry about the entry requirements. If you like the look of a Uni put it down, I was worried that having only achieved BBD at AS that if I applied for anything higher than a BBC Uni I wouldnt get any offers...subsequently I only got offers from 1-2 decent unis and 4 rubbish ones. Now that Im on track to achieve AAB I didnt really have much choice as to which Uni to go to...

Especially if youre applying for an unpopular course (Physics, Maths etc)..I know this is irrelevant to most of you straight A students though..so :frown:
Reply 41
Warwick, York and Manchester almost certainly. The other three places are still up for grabs.
Reply 42
At the moment I'm thinking of

LSE, UCL, Bristol , Southampton, SOAS, Kent

For Economics (except Kent where it's European Economics with a year in France)
Reply 43
Lord Huntroyde
It's not true

Ok thankyou.
Oxford - Economics and Management
Warwick - Economics, Politics and International Studies
LSE - Economics (with/and Economic History? Probably not)
UCL - Economics
Durham - Economics (and Politics?)
York - Economics, Econometrics and Finance

Durham may turn into Bath though, but probably not.
Reply 45
Cambridge - Social and Political Science
York - Politics
Durham - Combined Honours in Social Science (Politics, Geography and something else, probably sociology)
Royal Holloway - Politics and Sociology
Keele - Politics and Computing

And somewhere in Scotland for some kinda politics degree. Maybe Edinburgh, I'm undecided as yet.
Reply 46
I want to go to either Cardiff University, Swansea University or Glamorgan University. Thier close to home and all three do a good Business Managment course! Cheap Living :cool:
UEA, Glasgow, UCL (but I don't really want to stay in London), Cambridge (no chance - I haven't done any work for my art exam so I'll have a piss poor AS mark), Bristol.

Modern Languages - French and Russian/Scandinavian Languages.
Reply 48
University of Queensland- Journalism
Queensland UNiversity of Technology- Journlaism
Sydeny University- Journalism
Macquarie University- Journalism
Bond University - Spy... no not really... Journalism
University of Southern Queensland- Journlaism
Reply 49
Dr. Blazed
UEA, Glasgow, UCL (but I don't really want to stay in London), Cambridge (no chance - I haven't done any work for my art exam so I'll have a piss poor AS mark), Bristol.

Modern Languages - French and Russian/Scandinavian Languages.

Which Cambridge course are you thinking of applying for? If you're really into Scandinavian languages you might want to have a look at Anglo-Saxon, Norse and Celtic. It's not as current as Modern Languages, but if you might be interested in learning the old forms of languages ie Old English, Old Norse (you can also learn Modern Icelandic), Gothic it might tickle your fancy :smile:
Reply 50
Whoa! Everdawn! I didn't realise u lived in Brisbane! I lived there!

:cool:

In Chapel Hill.. err, is that the western suburbs?? Pretty cool place.. lol.. this is going erm nowhere..
Reply 51
I would like to apply to
Cambridge, Warwick, ICL, UCL, Bristol and Bath to study maths :biggrin:
Minta
Which Cambridge course are you thinking of applying for? If you're really into Scandinavian languages you might want to have a look at Anglo-Saxon, Norse and Celtic. It's not as current as Modern Languages, but if you might be interested in learning the old forms of languages ie Old English, Old Norse (you can also learn Modern Icelandic), Gothic it might tickle your fancy :smile:

Hadn't thought of that - I'll look into it. I'm interested in odd languages :smile:
Reply 53
i'm going to college to study machinics
Reply 54
umm i'm picking London Institute(University of the Arts now)-drawing
Loughborough- Sculpture
Newcastle -Fine art
Edinburgh- fine art
ECA- sculpture
so can't wiat to apply and get things rolling- this is my second attempt at going to uni!
Reply 55
~Sam~
Lol, I've practically decided already. My school is big on the whole uni thing, you we've been told to start thinking. Basically I want to do English with a year abroad and not many places so this so it has helped me narrow down my options!

At the moment I'm thinking of:
Exeter - English with year in N America
Nottingham - English and American studies with yr in NA
Birmingham - same as notts
UEA - American and English literature with yr in NA
York - English and comparative literature

Then I have one more choice...maybe Cardiff or Warwick

go for warwick - i almost applied there, the course looks so good!!
Reply 56
Oxford - Either PPE or Modern History and Politics
Warwick - Politics with International Studies
Sussex - International Relations
Sheffield - International Relations and Politics
Exeter - International Relations

and somewhere else (Essex?)
Reply 57
I think 4 out of the following for medicine:

Sheffield (typical offer: ABB - so could be a safety)
Cardiff (typical offer ABB - " " ")
Southampton (they don't do interviews so possibly worth a gamble)
KCL (the only London one i like so far - and about 1 hour away from my home. and they have great hospitals)
Bristol
Leeds

I really liked the accomodation in Nottingham when I went there for medlink, but they ask specifically for As in Chemistry and Biology.
I went to Leicester information day yesterday and wasn't too impressed with the accomodation, although their medical school looks decent (even though i didnt actually go inside it..)
I don't know whether to apply for Pharmacy as my 5th and 6th

anyone recommend any medical schools?
Reply 58
Zapsta
Either Maths and Philosophy at Oxford or Computer Science at Cambridge. I really don't care what other universities I apply to. Imperial? Nottingham? Warwick? I'll probably just pick at random.

Ah, the days of indecision. Revised list (to read CompSci, unless otherwise stated):
Queens', Cambridge
Warwick
Southampton
Imperial
Nottingham
Brighton (sports journalism)
SiAnY
I'm thinking of Durham, Nottingham, Southampton, Exeter, Bristol and...not sure yet...for geography.

Changed my mind: Durham, Nottingham, Southampton, Exeter, Reading and Sheffield/Sussex/Loughborough/Swansea/Aber :biggrin: . I hated Bristol when i visited which is why i am no longer applying there.

Latest

Trending

Trending