Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    Ok, so I'm bored, and I thought I'd ask people: Which 6 unis do you think you'll apply to and for what? You guys started thinking about it yet?
    Not exactly english but what the hell...

For Journalism at Uni
    1) The University of Queensland
    2) James Cook University
    3) Griffith University
    4) Queensland University of Technology
    5) Sydney University
    6) Macquarie University

and once I have my journalism degree im going to fashion college in Sydney to do a Fashion Journalism extra.

And thats me done.

ReputationRep:
    Im applying for a weird combination......

Fine Art @ Newcastle
    Combined Studies @ Newcastle
    Egyptology @ Liverpool
    Egyptian Archaeology @ Liverpool

and maybe Loughborough for sculpture, although this is desperate last resort... as I've lived in the area for yrs now!

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for PPE at

1) Oxford
    2) York
    3) Warwick
    4) Durham
    5) Manchester
    6) Essex

ReputationRep:
    Well we can't all be as organised as me hehe. I'll probably change my mind a trillion zillion times between now and Sep anyway!
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    I think, so far I'm applying for Maths at:

Bristol
    Bath
    Edinburgh
    York
    Liverpool

And the last place is open. I'm tempted to say sod it to Oxford, Warwick and Notts for the other place and apply to Cambridge for History - struggling to figure out if this would be even vaguley possibly on my PS though and otherwise. Still have yet to check out cities and open days yet so my mind may change...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by innercitylife)
    I think, so far I'm applying for Maths at:

Bristol
    Bath
    Edinburgh
    York
    Liverpool

And the last place is open. I'm tempted to say sod it to Oxford, Warwick and Notts for the other place and apply to Cambridge for History - struggling to figure out if this would be even vaguley possibly on my PS though and otherwise. Still have yet to check out cities and open days yet so my mind may change...
    If you want to study Maths, why would you apply for History at Cambridge rather than Maths? If you want to study History at Cambridge, why would you not want to study History elsewhere? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    I'm applying for PPE at

1) Oxford
    What college?

ReputationRep:
    I currently looking at:

Royal Holloway: Financial and Business Economics
    Exeter: Economics and Finance
    Manchester: Economics and Finance
    Birmingham: Economics

.....and 2 others which i havent decided yet!!!!! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amrad)
    What college?
    LMH

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mg84)
    If you want to study Maths, why would you apply for History at Cambridge rather than Maths? If you want to study History at Cambridge, why would you not want to study History elsewhere? :confused:
    I have totally clashing academic interests, Maths and History are on the same par for me, can see myself happily studying both 'til the end of my days, however a Joint Honours in the two seems a bit barmy as they're not really connected. Maths is more a degree for career purposes on top of my adoration for the subject, History is more for my own strange interests and loves, a second degree type-thing.

Therefore Maths kind of comes first and there are tonnes of places I'd love to study it, but I don't have the ambition to go for it at Cam, whereas I do with History. I don't really want to apply to History elsewhere as I've had experience of ruining subjects I love because of being in the wrong environment to study them (sixth form a prime example!) - and on my travels I haven't really found anywhere else that compares to Cam. History is alive in the place, the atmosphere is steeped in it, and I love that, and I'd love to study History there.

I just don't want to waste a space on my UCAS App by sticking in Warwick/Notts for Maths when I have no intention of going there, but it's hard to know what to do. Damn those clashing interests :/

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge, Dundee, York/Hull (they're joint for the course I'm looking at) and I really don't remember the other three, haven't looked at Unis for ages. But results will tell if I can even go for these three Unis cus they're for NatSci and Med, NatSci at Cam. I'm expecting triple Cs or triple D plus an A in Art, with only two sciences. Hehe am I dumb or dumb?

(should've worked. I crammed the entire syllabus within two weeks for two subjects and they're chem and bio. Didn't read my closed book text for Eng Lit went in with three days' revision. I did this two weeks before the exam. Well good luck to me!)

ReputationRep:
    Well im going into year 12 in September and I have thought about University a bit.I would either like to do a degree in Ancient History or Theology.But of course that could change.And the University's I would like to go to are:

Manchester(if definitely doing Theology)
    Exeter(if definitely doing Ancient History)
    Durham

Haven't really thought about the others yet.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so I'm bored, and I thought I'd ask people: Which 6 unis do you think you'll apply to and for what? You guys started thinking about it yet?
    I wanna be back in year 12

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mysticmin)
    I wanna be back in year 12
    Why??? We're off to uni!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    Why??? We're off to uni!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G
    Actually scrap that and put year 11, then I could have

a) actually worked for my GCSEs and got better grades
    b) Not chosen biology (sodding biology grrr) and just done an A2 in f maths
    c) Not applied for economics

But as you say we're off to uni, how scary!

ReputationRep:
    But as you say we're off to uni, how scary!
    Hehe...i'm so excited.....and i just can't hide it!!!!

G

ReputationRep:
    Actually scrap that and put year 11, then I could have

Not chosen biology (sodding biology grrr) and just done an A2 in f maths
    Couldn't agree more with that one! :rolleyes:

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.