Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'm an 18 year old virgin who really wants to find a loving boyfriend to spend time with etc etc... however, I also want someone who wants the same from me, the girl not just someone who would just wants to have sex all the time. Am I likely to find this on dating websites? Am I too young?

I don't particularly find meeting boys in clubs realistic as your all dressed up and drunk.

Honestly? Do not even go there! Trust me - it does not work. You are young, 18 years old. You should be out there, enjoying yourself, increasing your social circle!

My advice - start doing more active things which will improve to grow your social circle, and eventually you'll find a decent guy. The guys online are not great - trust me, been there done that, and got the friggin t shirt to prove it!

ReputationRep:
    NO, not dating sites. Go out and meet people, meet people through friends. University is where most people meet their lovers but if that's not an option you always can meet people, working, holiday, loads of opportunities. most people on dating sites are creeps

ReputationRep:
    I tried online dating when I was 18. It never worked out for me, but I wouldn't say it was awful either. I just personally didn't have luck with anyone on there when I tried it. That said, I wouldn't be against you trying it if you're just curious to see how it might work out. Of course, make sure you take safety precautions, such as only meeting them in a public place if and when you first meet IRL.

I eventually found my boyfriend when I went on a backpacking holiday, so there's an idea for you if the online dating doesn't work

THANKS GUYS. I really appreciate it. Looks like i'll wait till I start uni ad join a few society's.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 18, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.