Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    On behalf of my cousin (who is currently sitting next to me) ----

I've applied to do children's nursing at BCU, Nottingham, Staffordshire, Worcester and Birmingham (Nursing).
    Does anyone have any tips/suggestions ahead of any interviews I may have.

Good luck to you all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophus18x)
    On behalf of my cousin (who is currently sitting next to me) ----

I've applied to do children's nursing at BCU, Nottingham, Staffordshire, Worcester and Birmingham (Nursing).
    Does anyone have any tips/suggestions ahead of any interviews I may have.

Good luck to you all.
    Heyy

You need to know about the following things:
    1. The 6C's and how they came about !
    2. The roles of children's nurses
    3. Recent debates on the NHS in general (E.g A&E nurse shortage crisis)
    4. Research any articles relating to children's nursing
    5. Go on the NMC website and look for relevant information about nursing

But for your interviews mainly, admissions tutors will be assessing you mainly on how you communicate with others. (Interviews are mostly group based so be aware and prepared). Just be yourself and be part of the discussion. Try not to talk over people but voice your opinion effectively so everyone can understand what you're talking about.

I hope that helps

If i'm not helpful, then I have a thread on children's nursing where other applicants and I discuss our interview and admission test experiences and give advice to others

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shanzii)
    Heyy

You need to know about the following things:
    1. The 6C's and how they came about !
    2. The roles of children's nurses
    3. Recent debates on the NHS in general (E.g A&E nurse shortage crisis)
    4. Research any articles relating to children's nursing
    5. Go on the NMC website and look for relevant information about nursing

But for your interviews mainly, admissions tutors will be assessing you mainly on how you communicate with others. (Interviews are mostly group based so be aware and prepared). Just be yourself and be part of the discussion. Try not to talk over people but voice your opinion effectively so everyone can understand what you're talking about.

I hope that helps

If i'm not helpful, then I have a thread on children's nursing where other applicants and I discuss our interview and admission test experiences and give advice to others
    Thank you very much for this. This is really helpful to my cousin. I really appreciate how in depth your reply has been. I'll be looking at your thread also for different perspectives and opinions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophus18x)
    Thank you very much for this. This is really helpful to my cousin. I really appreciate how in depth your reply has been. I'll be looking at your thread also for different perspectives and opinions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You are very welcome
    Just remember to tell your cousin to be herself and let her personality shine through her passion of nursing

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.