The Student Room Group

How do I rescue this?

Basically I broke up with this girl last spring as she moved abroad, never to see her again. I was heartbroken. Several of my close friends know this.
One friend not close, but a good friend (a girl), I confided in. Told her all about this girl, how I was feeling, all the emotion. In turn she's ask me for advice.
I'd say we were firmly in the friend zone.

Anyhow, I was saying I need a new distraction, then I can finnally get over this girl. She said- "What if your looking at her?".
Briefly I thought she was joking, then realised she was deadly serious.

I really had no idea what to say. I was trying to take it all in, my mind was going at 100mph.

I can't remember what I said, but it was something like "what? Oh hmmm, er". She said that it was stupid, and she shouldn't have said it, especially when I'm trying to get over the last girl. Then she said she had to go, and she was off.

Now on reflection, I regret the whole thing. It was all unexpected, and I'd never had seen her that way before.

Now that I've had time to think, I think it's a great idea and I really like her and can see it working.

I don't know how to rescue this as it makes it look like I don't want it, that I'm still hung up on the other girl, and that I turned her down.
How do I save this?
Hard to read...
Call her/surprise her with something nice
Hey, this is a perfectly normal reaction on your part, just explain to her how you did In your post to us, how you've come to this conclusion that you like her! you could say you had reservations because you value your friendship however that is the best foundation for any relationship, tell her your flattered.
If you do start dating Remember to enjoy the moment and not to think to far ahead and see where it goes. Just be honest with her as you have about the other relationship you were in. You obviously get on well. You'll feel loads better once you've talked and even I'f it's not the result you wanted, you can move on knowing you got it off your chest. Good luck!!! Hope this helps
Reply 4
Original post by Mahbuba1997
Call her/surprise her with something nice

Like what?
Original post by Anonymous
Like what?

Well I'm guessing you are in uni? Why not show up after one of her classes with chocolates and a teddy or something cheesy like that and y'know the message will be quite clear
You should talk to her as soon as possible. The longer you leave it the worse and more awkward it'll be. I think you should tell her exactly what you just posted. You've never thought about it before which is why you hesitated as it caught you off guard, but actually perhaps you'd like to see where it goes.

I can't speak for her but us girls hate being rebounds. I'd probably try to make it clear to her that you don't want to use her to get over your last girlfriend, but instead have a fresh start perhaps?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by MeerkatSwag
You should talk to her as soon as possible. The longer you leave it the worse and more awkward it'll be. I think you should tell her exactly what you just posted. You've never thought about it before which is why you hesitated as it caught you off guard, but actually perhaps you'd like to see where it goes.

I can't speak for her but us girls hate being rebounds. I'd probably try to make it clear to her that you don't want to use her to get over your last girlfriend, but instead have a fresh start perhaps?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes fresh start is better. She certainly wouldn't be a rebound.
The only reason why I still think about this other girl, is because she was the 'last one', I'd that makes sense?
Original post by Anonymous
Yes fresh start is better. She certainly wouldn't be a rebound.
The only reason why I still think about this other girl, is because she was the 'last one', I'd that makes sense?

Yeah that makes sense, but you need to make sure you make this girl feels valued☺️ good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending