Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ever ended up liking someone you thought you wouldn't? Watch

Maybe a friend whom u always saw as a friend, someone who's the complete opposite of what you would normally go for..

How did it happen?

ReputationRep:
    I did develop a slight crush on a friend a few months ago. I think we're very similar in some ways. But I know for a fact she isn't/wouldn't be interested, so I never expressed anything, and got over it.
    For the record, I'm not straight, so it wasn't like it was out of the blue and/or confusing.

Edit: Why do you ask? Do you like someone you didn't expect to?

yes but decided it wouldn't be suitable for me because of their character.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, practically every person I've had feelings for!

That's why I've come to the conclusion, I don't have a type.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Yes, my bf. We were best friends before dating and I never thought I would fall for a friend. He also wasn't my usual type as he was an introvert, barely left his house and never had any friends really and also looks wise he wasnt my usual type at the time but once we got to know each other more and as the friendship grew, we realised we had so much in common and had never felt so comfortable around each other. We had feelings from day one but it took us a little while to admit it.

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend. We met through my friend just less than 3 years ago when I was in college. After months of incessant talking I told him to leave me alone because I was trying to deal with my ****ed up life. I was paranoid and that made me terrified of him because I thought he'd make my life more ****ed up than it already was. He left me alone. Over a year later he just randomly called me up one night while I was in the middle of a GTAO mission. (Del Perro Pier survival. He got annoyed at me because I wasn't focussing on our conversation because I was so preoccupied with saving my team. :innocent: I remember specifically telling him "give me a minute, my team just died and I'm the only one alive - they're depending on me to get us through to the next round!" - I was getting annoyed at him because he wouldn't let me play my game in peace. :mmm:)

When I saw his name come up on my screen I wasn't going to pick up the phone because I just hated him. At least, I hated the idea of him which my mind constructed from paranoid thoughts and an overactive imagination. I picked it up anyway. I was really curious too see what he wanted because he was part of a life which I was so sure I left behind. Now I had just started my second attempt at a brand new life, I didn't want him dragging me back but at the same time I just really needed to know what he wanted. We spoke for over 4 hours from 12am to 4.30am that night. This one conversation pulled the trigger on the relationship I always wanted but never imagined I'd have with a person I never thought I'd speak to again. In this comeback conversation I realised that I'm in for a completely different ride to what I was expecting and it changed everything. Since then (4 months ago) he went from being the person I once was so afraid of to the person that I'm most probably spending the rest of my life with.

Whenever I think about how things were like back in 2013, how things started out as last September, and how things are in the present, I have this tendency to just pull my head back and take this sort of deep breath like my life depends on it because it makes me realise that the most life changing "event" or experience or person can be right around the corner and will probably be the last thing/person you expect. An hour ago we kind of came out to each other and told each other that we love each other. It was the most intense moment I've ever had with a person. To think that it's him of all the people in the world is just the last thing I ever expected. It makes me like him that much more. :flutter:

See "How do I rescue this?" Thread, further down.
    That's mine!

I've just never seen her that way, and it's only till she mentioned it that it made sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vixen47)
    My boyfriend. We met through my friend just less than 3 years ago when I was in college. After months of incessant talking I told him to leave me alone because I was trying to deal with my ****ed up life. I was paranoid and that made me terrified of him because I thought he'd make my life more ****ed up than it already was. He left me alone. Over a year later he just randomly called me up one night while I was in the middle of a GTAO mission. (Del Perro Pier survival. He got annoyed at me because I wasn't focussing on our conversation because I was so preoccupied with saving my team. :innocent: I remember specifically telling him "give me a minute, my team just died and I'm the only one alive - they're depending on me to get us through to the next round!" - I was getting annoyed at him because he wouldn't let me play my game in peace. :mmm:)

When I saw his name come up on my screen I wasn't going to pick up the phone because I just hated him. At least, I hated the idea of him which my mind constructed from paranoid thoughts and an overactive imagination. I picked it up anyway. I was really curious too see what he wanted because he was part of a life which I was so sure I left behind. Now I had just started my second attempt at a brand new life, I didn't want him dragging me back but at the same time I just really needed to know what he wanted. We spoke for over 4 hours from 12am to 4.30am that night. This one conversation pulled the trigger on the relationship I always wanted but never imagined I'd have with a person I never thought I'd speak to again. In this comeback conversation I realised that I'm in for a completely different ride to what I was expecting and it changed everything. Since then (4 months ago) he went from being the person I once was so afraid of to the person that I'm most probably spending the rest of my life with.

Whenever I think about how things were like back in 2013, how things started out as last September, and how things are in the present, I have this tendency to just pull my head back and take this sort of deep breath like my life depends on it because it makes me realise that the most life changing "event" or experience or person can be right around the corner and will probably be the last thing/person you expect. An hour ago we kind of came out to each other and told each other that we love each other. It was the most intense moment I've ever had with a person. To think that it's him of all the people in the world is just the last thing I ever expected. It makes me like him that much more. :flutter:
    That's really sweet but I stopped reading at "whenever." :indiff:

ReputationRep:

Im tearing up...that was deep in a fascinating way.:shock:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah my ginger friend from college. Thought he was a dweeb ended up like in love with him by the end of the two years. Fizzled though.

ReputationRep:
    Normally I don't go for the bad boy types but I had a crush on this guy who always got in trouble with the teachers because of not doing the work and answering back.

Apparently at the time I got over him he developed a crush on me but he went to many lenghts to hide because I'm not considered to be the big boobed airheads he normally goes for

ReputationRep:
    My ex. When I met him I instantly disliked him and thought he was the most arrogant, cocky guy I'd ever met. I got to know him better and fell for him despite myself; I focused on his intelligence, confidence, and sense of humour, ignoring the less attractive sides of his personality. Luckily I got back to my senses and realised he was still full of himself, and that my first impression was the right one, so I ended it

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I have never liked anyone. I tend to find strangers physically attractive but I know how to decipher between that and actually liking them romantically.

My current partner, now my fiance.

He's quite a few years older than I am (not gonna mention any numbers), and I never expected to fall for someone like him. Never thought I'd find someone like him. I never expected to fall for him when we were introduced through a mutual friend. And, now, I can't imagine life without him.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes! Don't know how don't know why but yeah.

my boyfriend. He wanted to push me over for 'fun' once so i'd get injured. Lmao

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. She was a year below me at school, so until the last year of sixth form, I never really spoke to her, but I knew she was a geek. Like she was into public speaking, and people always imagined she was a bit of a *****. Even when she ended up in my AS History class (I did it in Y13), she came across a bit... Irritating. Her sense of humour is a bit weak, and she's heavily religious. That said, she ended up being one of the most interesting, kind and oddly attractive humans beings I've ever met. She's just completely herself, and isn't afraid to share opinions, even if conflicting, like her religion stuff. Plus, her dress sense is flames.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I think I don't have a type because of it.

ReputationRep:

Thats really amazing.
    What did that guy talk about for 4 hours

ReputationRep:
    Yep. Ukip-voting moron in a manual job, who couldn't spell 'politics'.

Saw each other for a while. He was good in bed. I came to kind of like him (excluding the politics, obviously).

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 22, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.