Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I might be transferring to UoN for 2nd year entry of Sport & Exercise Science and would like to know a few things...

1. A description of Park Campus (size, facilities etc)
    2. How far are shops/town away form the campus and how to get there
    3. Are there any good night clubs (specifically RnB)
    4. Which men's sports teams are there?
    5. A description of Halls

If there's anyone reading this who joined UoN as a transfer student please give me an insight as to what you thought.

If any 3rd years are reading it what are the best and worst things you have found as apart of your time at UoN.

Thanks.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    (Original post by l.soarMMU)
    Hi,

I might be transferring to UoN for 2nd year entry of Sport & Exercise Science and would like to know a few things...

1. A description of Park Campus (size, facilities etc)
    2. How far are shops/town away form the campus and how to get there
    3. Are there any good night clubs (specifically RnB)
    4. Which men's sports teams are there?
    5. A description of Halls

If there's anyone reading this who joined UoN as a transfer student please give me an insight as to what you thought.

If any 3rd years are reading it what are the best and worst things you have found as apart of your time at UoN.

Thanks.

Hi l.soarMMU,

Park Campus is located on the edge of Northampton town with only a 15-20 minutes bus ride to the main town centre (with a student card this costs £1).

The campus is quite large with a student village feel, consisting of coffee shops, a small supermarket, bars and a nightclub, a gym, playing fields, sports hall, library, and halls of residence dotted all over campus.

Apart from the SU there are a variety of bars and clubs in town that pretty much meet all the needs of most students. Bridge street is the most popular road for bars, mainly play commercial music which will include RnB etc.

The SU sports societies range from lacrosse to american football. If you click on the link below then it will take you to the Northampton SU website with more information on what they can offer and also all of the socieites are FREE !! www.northamptonunion.com/sports/join/

Another good website to check for info on the Uni for prospective students is http://starttheconversation.co.uk . There will also be pictures of accommodation uploaded to the site as well.

I hope this has helped!

Laura

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.