Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    so basically i dropped out of uni this year and have moved in with my dad in bristol. basically he said i either have to go to college or uni this following year. the thing is im too late to apply through ucas now as the deadline was the 15th. i still have no clue on what i would want to study. if i was going to go to uni it would only be to uwe as i have decided going too far from home is not good for me. yeah so basically shall i just apply through clearing but what if theres nothing i like...

or do i go to college which means i actually have to research what i may be interested in. the thing is the reason why i dropped out of uni is due to uni issues and personal issues. i didnt want to go to uni in the first place. after sixth form i was so fed up of learning even more about a subject i really didnt care about. but yeah i dont know what to do, my dad said i HAD to go back into education becuase im young etc. etc.

i mean im not being a total bum as since i have left uni i've found a job, its part-time not great but at least im doing something. also working at my dads here and there so yeah...

any advice would be helpful thanks. and yeah a bit more info. i like health and social, but h/s is so big like it could be anything and i just dont know where to start

ReputationRep:
    Try having a look around NHS Careers and see what takes your fancy. I decided last year that I wanted a career in mental health, so I had a look at job descriptions and uni courses, and decided that occupational therapy was right for me. Since then I've put in my application for uni, started volunteering at an intermediate care centre, and am applying for therapy assistant jobs as well.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.