Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, im behind on my college work and my parents suggested getting a uni student to be a tutor as they dont mind paying and its extra beer tokens for the tutor and students are normally skint, where would i look at getting a tutor? i am studying level 3 extended diploma in Computer Science ( Networking and Hardware)

any advice would be great

ReputationRep:
    Doubt you need one tbh, arent your school teachers and online resources enough. Teachers are always willing to help you especially when you go out of your way (waiting till after college or lunch) to address something youre struggling on.
    And anwyays theres a point upto which a teacher can help, after that its just alot of practice.
    Im saying this as ive had tutors in the past and come out of it thinking i couldve done better by myself. A tutor wont do better than what your teacher can do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zahid~)
    Doubt you need one tbh, arent your school teachers and online resources enough. Teachers are always willing to help you especially when you go out of your way (waiting till after college or lunch) to address something youre struggling on.
    And anwyays theres a point upto which a teacher can help, after that its just alot of practice.
    Im saying this as ive had tutors in the past and come out of it thinking i couldve done better by myself. A tutor wont do better than what your teacher can do
    I understand what you are saying, but trust me if you met my teacher you would understand why i am seeking additional help, plus with have extra curricular exams such as 2 cisco exams and microsoft ITA and microsoft server so revision for them exams would be great

ReputationRep:
    Is there another teacher that teaches the same thing that may be able to help you out? Sorry cant really recommend a tutor though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zahid~)
    Is there another teacher that teaches the same thing that may be able to help you out? Sorry cant really recommend a tutor though
    my teacher is the only teacher in the college that can teach the networking curriculum ie cisco, micro servers as the other one left and he's the least retarded out of the other teachers that teach me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EthanNCL)
    X
    If you want any help with networking, Cisco, or Microsoft side of it then I can help.

Just say what you're struggling with..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.