The Student Room Group

best way for me to get on a nursing course?

I am a 19 year old second year university student studying a politics degree. Over the last 6 months I have decided that I see nursing as the career for me. Nursing has always been something that attracted me, I have work experience in the area and I did also apply for nursing originally but decided to change as a result of my poor a level results (CDD) . I now feel like nursing is the right way for me to go with my life. However, I am not sure of the best route to begin studying for a nursing degree. Will I be able to get onto an access to nursing course if I already have A levels? Or am i best to resist my a levels? Any help is appreciated, thanks
Liam
Reply 1
Are you thinking of dropping out of your politics degree?

Posted from TSR Mobile
you could complete your current degree and then apply for the nursing MSc pre preregistration programme which is for graduates and is 2 years instead of 3
Would probably have to do the 3 year course as politics is not a science based course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by deviant182
Would probably have to do the 3 year course as politics is not a science based course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah ok, I didn't know if all the courses wanted you to have a science based degree, I just knew for physio some places accept any degree as long as it's a 2:1 or above
Yes but that's physio not nursing. Most nursing courses will tell you to do undergrad as it's very full on and a lot of science. The odd uni will accept any degree for a msc but not many.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by liamprice0
I am a 19 year old second year university student studying a politics degree. Over the last 6 months I have decided that I see nursing as the career for me. Nursing has always been something that attracted me, I have work experience in the area and I did also apply for nursing originally but decided to change as a result of my poor a level results (CDD) . I now feel like nursing is the right way for me to go with my life. However, I am not sure of the best route to begin studying for a nursing degree. Will I be able to get onto an access to nursing course if I already have A levels? Or am i best to resist my a levels? Any help is appreciated, thanks
Liam

Hi I'm currently studying an access course and I've got a levels, doesn't matter you can do one regardless. Would defiantly recommend they and uni's look upon the highly especially for nursing xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm staring a course in September. It's called Health Professions foundation programme. You don't need formal qualifications and it automatically gets you a place on a nursing degree as long as you pass. It's also quicker than most access courses! 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending