Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Guysss I am soo stressed out! 😢😢😢

I'm currently in my second year so ill be applying for PGCE in computer science and ict however they require at least two weeks work experience in a school environment and I can't find non! because of my education timetable I wasn't able to apply last year as I had no days off from university. This year I only get one day off and it's all so hectic that one day really isn't enough but I don't mind sleepless nights catching up on work if it means I can have classroom experience on my day off but I've applied to all schools in my local area but no one's getting back to me I've thought of going in personally and getting in touch with the computing/ict teachers myself but before I do that I feel I need a DBS check so I'm prepared as that can take four weeks to arrive I'm running out of time as schools will close at half terms and then summer and with only one day off it means to achieve the 14 days experience requirement by university that will be 14 weeks I know I will have some time before the summer holidays to volunteer however I can't be certain as no one's getting back to me. Please provide some advise or information I don't know what to dooo. Plus where can I get a DBScheck from I've searched everywhere

excuse the no full stops in the majority of the post lol its 2:47! thanks guys I hope my auto correct hasn't left any embarrassing errors.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.