Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I started seeing a guy that I work with about 6 months ago, he was the one that showed his interest in me first, I was hesitant at first because he is 15 years older than me and because I wasn't sure how/if it would effect us working together.
    In the last 6 months he has been great and has made me very happy on so many occasions, however he has also made me upset and cry an awful lot as well.
    There has been a few times that we have been out with friends and he has suddenly gone in a mood and stood up and left not a word or explanation or anything. There has also been a few times we have meant to meet but he has been at his friends or pops into a friends before meeting me and has ended up staying at his friends all night without phoning or texting me to let me know he wasn't going to be meeting me anymore and has ignored my calls and texts when I've tried to contact him.
    We have never been out on a proper date, just the two of us, even though I have offered to pay he always says he's busy or isn't in the mood for going out, nor has he never bought me anything, even though I have bought him a lot of presents.
    There have also been times that he has got annoyed with me at work and has used that as an excuse for us not to hangout after work. He has made me cry at work a few times by saying nasty things and making me feel bad about myself, this is usually towards the end of the shifts when he has finished his work he just leaves even though he know that he has upset me and I'm crying.
    He often makes comments about other girls in front of me or tells me he thinks one of our friends is hot and if she didn't have a boyfriend he would ask her out.
    When we are good, he makes me so happy and I usually remind myself of this when things are bad but my friends are telling me that it is an unhealthy relationship to be in and to get out. But I don't know what to do, advice?

A man who has the audacity to talk about other girls - I mean, even in front of you (imagine what he could be thinking in his head) - within the context of a relationship isn't a man really fretting about.

Relationships are meant to be tough. You're meant to struggle. But both sides are meant to struggle to make something work, but in your case, the only who seems to be putting effort in is you. In all sincerity, he's a joke.

Withdraw yourself from him. That'll lead to three things:

1. You'll be sad
    2. He'll want you back. Fudge him.
    3. He won't care

Number 1 will occur regardless of 2 and 3, since you sound like a genuine and loving person. Number 2 may happen, but broken men tend to stay broken men - there's no point in dedicating more time to this guy if he's just gonna end up failing on you consistently. There are guys out there who don't fail on their women, stick to these men. And from what you've said so far, 3 may be a chance as well.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 19, 2015
How are you feeling about your exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.