Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Depression and drugs, dont see the point anymore Watch

Im failing college. broke up for good with my first ever girlfriend and love. failing my parents. taking drugs to make me feel better which has made me worse, now is there any point continuing my ****ty existence. i get upset because my mam worries about me soo much and it breaks my heart, i cant help the way i feel and ive been in a dark place for about 2 months even when i was in a relationship. all i want to do is make my mam and dad proud and dont think they deserve the worry of my life because i cant cope with reality because im such a lose, ive lost friends because of the drugs because they didnt have time to listen to me but i felt better taking drugs, its all getting to much i need some guidance because im losing hope

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: I used to smoke a lot of weed to try and help with my depression - which it did for a while, but in the end I just felt nothing. I stopped the drugs and (admittedly far later than I should have) got some professional help for my mental health problems.

I can't say either way whether you're mentally ill like me, but it's obvious that you're taking drugs as a coping mechanism for stuff you feel you can't handle. It's important to learn that there are better, safer and more effective ways to deal with your issues. I'd suggest speaking to someone about both the drugs and what's caused you to turn to them - your family and friends might be able to provide emotional support, and professionals like your GP or pastoral care at college can help with coping techniques, therapy, counselling or whatever else you might need.

ReputationRep:
    I have a friend going through the exact same thing as you. She's been smoking weed for a while now as a distraction and to help with her feelings. She now does see somebody (like a counsellor) and it really helps. She has taken the smoking down a notch and she's doing better. I know it's so hard and it seems terrifying to let all your experiences and feelings out to a person you don necessarily know, but when I did it, it's probably the best thing I've done. It means they can't really judge you as its there job and they don't know anything about you and the feeling is amazing to get everything off your chest.

As for your parents, they love you and whatever efforts and improvements you make on yourself they will be proud of! All parents know teen years are hard and they will understand if you tell them about the hard times.

If your friends left you during a time of need and the time when you need the most support and help then they aren't good friends to keep! I suggest finding new friends that will stay by you no matter what and help you through hard times!
    Hope this helps and pm me if u want

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 19, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.