The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Yasmin-9970
but chose not to.

im gonna sleep well tonight hun, dont you worry.

I'm a Coptic Christian syrian who's had a westernised upbringing so my parents wouldn't have cared who I dated if they were still alive( maybe my mum would have but my father was an italian and my parents married and they were from separate worlds). I have only ever dated an italian and a russian and Englishman mixed,that's it.
Original post by Groot
People just get so nerd ragey when I mention things to them. :dontknow:

:lol: They love you really!
Reply 62
Original post by Yasmin-9970
can i understand why then?

Middle/south eastern people and Muslims are interesting because their cultures and views tend to be different. I wouldn't want to make threads on white British people because I already experience and know about it. So, I'd rather read posts that reveal what middle/south eastern people and Muslims think.

Why that particular group of people and not another? Because there are many more of them in our society.
Reply 63
Original post by R£SP£CT
:lol: They love you really!

:colondollar:
Original post by Groot
:colondollar:

Out of interest what do you do for a living? Aside from causing trouble :tongue:
Reply 65
Original post by R£SP£CT
Out of interest what do you do for a living? Aside from causing trouble :tongue:

A-levels
So you would not date a muslim ok. Would you date a christian? Would you date a white british muslim? Would you date an asian christian?
Reply 67
Original post by TheTruthTeller
So you would not date a muslim ok. Would you date a christian? Would you date a white british muslim? Would you date an asian christian?

You didn't quote me. :frown:

In general, I wouldn't date people whose culture / religion would cause too many problems for the relationship to be practical.
Maybe they should go for some nice black girls ^^
Unfortunately, Pakistanis can be racist against dark skinned people. There is even a famous cream called 'Fair n Lovely' for turning your skin white in 4 weeks lol. :confused:
"Fair and lovely" :rofl:
Am I the only one who thought OP was talking about people from London and the surrounding area? :teehee:
Original post by queen-bee
I'm a Coptic Christian syrian who's had a westernised upbringing so my parents wouldn't have cared who I dated if they were still alive( maybe my mum would have but my father was an italian and my parents married and they were from separate worlds). I have only ever dated an italian and a russian and Englishman mixed,that's it.

Wow.

You're half Syrian/Italian and you adhere to the Coptic Orthodox Church? :eek:
Original post by Icantbebothered
Wow.

You're half Syrian/Italian and you adhere to the Coptic Orthodox Church? :eek:

Why are you shocked? But,yes I do
Why are you shocked? But,yes I do

I'm sorry, I hope I didn't come off as rude. It's just that the Coptic Orthodox Church tends to be exclusively Egyptian, besides the few Western converts and the Church's expansion overseas (through the British Orthodox Church).

Is your mother a Copt too, or is she Syriac Orthodox?
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm sorry, I hope I didn't come off as rude. It's just that the Coptic Orthodox Church tends to be exclusively Egyptian, besides the few Western converts and the Church's expansion overseas (through the British Orthodox Church).

Was your mother a Copt too, or was she Syriac Orthodox?

That are plenty of orthodox Coptic Syrians,my mother's family are Copts but she was mostly atheist
That are plenty of orthodox Coptic Syrians,my mother's family are Copts but she was mostly atheist

There are? From my understanding, Syrians who belong to the Oriental Orthodox umbrella are primarily Syriac Orthodox and not Coptic.
(edited 9 years ago)
There are? From my understanding, Syrians who belong to the Oriental Orthodox umbrella are primarily Syriac Orthodox and not Coptic.

Well call it what you wish but my family considers themselves part of the Coptic orthodox church
Reply 78
You can't really restrict people from the Middle East to only date people from the Middle East especially when you live in a foreign country where the majority of people are white/non-middle Easterns. Let's say in England for example, the ratio of Middle Eastern : White = 1:50 hence the chances are that a middle eastern person is gonna end up dating a white person.
Reply 79
Original post by Ankabout
Unfortunately, Pakistanis can be racist against dark skinned people. There is even a famous cream called 'Fair n Lovely' for turning your skin white in 4 weeks lol. :confused:

Your name and the picture....I just can't resist laughing loll

Latest

Trending

Trending