Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Getting into a relationship with a flatmate? watch

I've always been really anti-relationship and mostly just have friends with benefits but I think I've actually found someone who could change this. I'm still not sure if I like him because I haven't liked a boy in years but it seems to be going that way. We've already agreed that we should keep it a secret as to not make things weird with the other people we live with but I know they will find out eventually and I don't want them to act any differently with us. I'm perfectly happy just having sex with him and being single but he's told me he likes me and part of me feels I may be forcing myself into something I don't really want just to keep peace within the flat. Am having a massive dilemma. Plus another boy recently admitted he really liked me so I couldn't do anything that might rub his face in it because he is a good friend

ReputationRep:
    just tell the guy how you feel - that you're only interested in sex and nothing else , and if he likes you too much then you should stop rn

tbh , you've broken flatmate rule 101 haha , NEVER sleep with a person you live with. if this blows up , it could really isolate one or both of you from the other members of the flat

however , my best friend at uni lives and works with her boyfriend (they both do law) and they're fine atm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've always been really anti-relationship and mostly just have friends with benefits but I think I've actually found someone who could change this. I'm still not sure if I like him because I haven't liked a boy in years but it seems to be going that way. We've already agreed that we should keep it a secret as to not make things weird with the other people we live with but I know they will find out eventually and I don't want them to act any differently with us. I'm perfectly happy just having sex with him and being single but he's told me he likes me and part of me feels I may be forcing myself into something I don't really want just to keep peace within the flat. Am having a massive dilemma. Plus another boy recently admitted he really liked me so I couldn't do anything that might rub his face in it because he is a good friend
    Don't **** where you eat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hotliketea)
    just tell the guy how you feel - that you're only interested in sex and nothing else , and if he likes you too much then you should stop rn

tbh , you've broken flatmate rule 101 haha , NEVER sleep with a person you live with. if this blows up , it could really isolate one or both of you from the other members of the flat

however , my best friend at uni lives and works with her boyfriend (they both do law) and they're fine atm
    But what if he's so irresistible?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    It's your choice. I'd steer clear

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Don't **** on your own doorstep. Having sex with your flat mate is nothing but trouble. It will all end in tears.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    As someone who is currently doing this, and had pretty much the same situ as you did beforehand, it's pretty hard to be honest.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I really like the boy and all that, but dating someone you live with is completely different to normal dating and it is taking a lot of getting used to.

Also if you break up you're ****ed.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 19, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.