Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you normally order from the chippy? Watch

When I was younger, I always used to have either a savaloy and chips, or a battered jumbo sausage and chips. Now that I'm older, I really appreciate having fish when I go to the chippy - so, nowadays, I normally have battered cod or plaice, a large portion of chips and, if they do it, buttered bread to go with it. And always, always, plenty of salt and vinegar on top of it all!

I wish they sold turbot at fish and chip shops. I've never tried it, but apparently it's got a great flavour and tastes great when it's fried in batter. It's just so expensive, though!

ReputationRep:
    I eat real food....

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Jebedee)
    I eat real food....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh, sorry. I totally forgot that fish and chip shops sell plastic toy food that children play with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lustawny)
    When I was younger, I always used to have either a savaloy and chips, or a battered jumbo sausage and chips. Now that I'm older, I really appreciate having fish when I go to the chippy - so, nowadays, I normally have battered cod or plaice, a large portion of chips and, if they do it, buttered bread to go with it. And always, always, plenty of salt and vinegar on top of it all!

I wish they sold turbot at fish and chip shops. I've never tried it, but apparently it's got a great flavour and tastes great when it's fried in batter. It's just so expensive, though!
    Curry or gravy chip. Would love a hotdog but a lot of the time they aren't in the real hotdog nap just a burger bap. Its not the same. :mad:
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Chip butty OR if its for a proper meal (e.g. dinenr or tea) fish bites, chips and gravy... Mmmm

I eat real food....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol, like chips and fish/sausage are some of the most eaten foods round the world. I think you mean healthier foods? If we can consume it and get something (any nutrients at all) from it its real food.

ReputationRep:
    I eat real food....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So do I.

I alternate between battered sausage and cod.

Plenty of tartare for the latter. Isn't turbot just a bigger plaice?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Chips and cheese and a fritter roll usually.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    fish, chips and gravy, or pudding, chips and gravy
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Fish/Sausage/Pizza crunch supper

if it's a for a late night snack then chips with donner meat/cheese/curry sauce

(Original post by BitWindy)
    Isn't turbot just a bigger plaice?
    It's different from plaice. They're both a type of flatfish, but turbot is much more expensive

ReputationRep:
    Oh, sorry. I totally forgot that fish and chip shops sell plastic toy food that children play with.

Anyway I order chips lol

ReputationRep:
    Either haddock or cod and chips, mushy peas, and scraps!

ReputationRep:
    Jumbo sausage and chips

ReputationRep:
    Cod and small chips.

Our chip shops have really generous chip portions.

ReputationRep:
    Chicken Nuggets, Chips, and Curry Sauce. Although the best chips and curry sauce I have had is a little chippy outside the Emirates Stadium.

ReputationRep:
    Just chips.

From a chicken shop, usually a chicken burger with mayo.

I hate mayo otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    Haddock or cod and chips and I second the buttered bread. Also sometime gherkin.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the quality of the fish there. If it's decent I'll have cod. If not, a battered sausage. Vinegar only on the chips - don't like salt.

ReputationRep:
    How has nobody mentioned a Pukka pie yet?
    It's got to be a steak pie and chips with a pot of curry sauce on the side and a pickled onion.
    *Just thinking about this is making me want to come back to the UK. Lol

ReputationRep:

Why do they batter the chips?? they are horrible. Love the plain chips.

I usually have Chips, kebab meat with salad and all the sauces, chilli, ketchup, mayonnaise, lemon juice and mint sauce.

If I fancy fish and chips then lots of vinegar on it and a tub of curry sauce

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.