Turn on thread page Beta

Is Uk Government Really Poor??they Charge 500 Pounds For Renewing Visa For Overseas?! watch

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes: HI,I am an overseas student doing a university degree here,I can not believe what happened to our visas for all the overseas students,
    as you all know that all the overseas have to pay ten times more than the home student,which is OK,however,the UK policy for student visa renewing has also changed dramatically,

as you may know,We have to renew our visas from home office after a certain time period,althought it takes us a lot of time to get confirmation letters from our tutor,we do not really mind,but now,the UK home office start to charge us 500 POUNDS to renew a visa. -----IT USED TO BE FREE...
    We do not understand why the UK government changed their policy,they also start charging people 500 pounds for their first landing in the UK from abroad.

we are thinking if the government become really poor now,and if they are lacking of fund for the country,and they believe that chargeing for overseas is in an inelastic demand,that is why they keep on putting the price up.they will put the price up again in the near future.

We have contributed our money to the contry trough our tution fees.and may not have enough money for paying the RENEWING VISA!!!
    RENEWING VISA IS REALLY SIMPLE,IT IS ONLY SOME PAPER WORKS.do not you think that is too much????
    what do you guys think??

ReputationRep:
    I's not that they're very poor, it's that they're trying to milk as much money out of you as possible.

ReputationRep:
    but I reckon this is really unfair.....

ReputationRep:
    I signed a petition against it when it was going about college

ReputationRep:
    the MoD overspent massively in iraq (and so are still overspending) which (im guessing) is putting pressure on the government

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by janetjanet)
    :rolleyes: HI,I am an overseas student doing a university degree here,I can not believe what happened to our visas for all the overseas students,
    as you all know that all the overseas have to pay ten times more than the home student,which is OK,however,the UK policy for student visa renewing has also changed dramatically,

as you may know,We have to renew our visas from home office after a certain time period,althought it takes us a lot of time to get confirmation letters from our tutor,we do not really mind,but now,the UK home office start to charge us 500 POUNDS to renew a visa. -----IT USED TO BE FREE...
    We do not understand why the UK government changed their policy,they also start charging people 500 pounds for their first landing in the UK from abroad.

we are thinking if the government become really poor now,and if they are lacking of fund for the country,and they believe that chargeing for overseas is in an inelastic demand,that is why they keep on putting the price up.they will put the price up again in the near future.

We have contributed our money to the contry trough our tution fees.and may not have enough money for paying the RENEWING VISA!!!
    RENEWING VISA IS REALLY SIMPLE,IT IS ONLY SOME PAPER WORKS.do not you think that is too much????
    what do you guys think??
    I think they are screwing you royaly as you can't really complain can you?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    In the eyes of the government international students = cash cows waiting to be milked

ReputationRep:
    in My opinion,if UK government is capable in other sorts of things,they would not be so mean to overseas students,it it not only mean,but also very silly.....More and more poor students try not to renew visa,and stay here without anything,in that way,lack of control is the right word for the government.....................

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.