Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi I wanted to go to an open day but I would have to go on my own. Would this be normal or a bit odd to go on my own?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I went to an open day in summer 2014 and most people seemed to be on their own. Only a few people were with a friend or a parent. I think everyone met someone on the day to go around with.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Hey there,

Lots of people go by themselves! It's totally fine.

Ultimately, you're about to embark on an adventure by yourself and choosing a uni is your decision. ^_^

ReputationRep:
    I've helped out at several open days and students can arrive with or without parents. Quite often, the schedule separates them out and prospective applicants get different talks/tours to the parents.

You should be fine on your own and nobody will think it's strange. Generally, it's nice to see an applicant who's interested enough to turn up on their own! Quite a lot of those with parents seem to have been dragged to campus against their will and expect their parents to do any talking. They're hard work.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.